ukgeocachers.co.uk

Personally I've never had a problem with them. If something has been out of stock, I usually opt not to get that from them and settle for things they do have stock. I think it is a small business, and just one person doing the brunt of the work from what I can tell. Small businesses are finding things hard these days, so cut them some slack!

I've never sent them artwork...(not sure what you would be sending them artwork for) but if I were submitting artwork to a third party to make into something, I'd expect to have to wait several weeks at least. So if it were for a special gift, I'd order it months in advance, not weeks.

I will add that at times I've been a 'difficult' customer and they have been professional and efficient about it. e.g. I had the old address registered with them and after we moved (twice) I didn't update my registration, and rushed through an order so it went to the old address. It got sent back to them and they immediately emailed to ask about it, then sent it back out to me and I still got it all inside 2-3 weeks. I do remember the service & attitude was very good.

I have just found this post and wanted to add my own comment.

I am very sorry to hear that your order missed the birthday it was for. Unfortunately although over 90% of orders (including personalised items) are dispatched the same day, there are a few that take a little longer. As I do not know your name or order details I do not know the specific reason why your order was delayed.

Often, when people order the personalised items from me they do not send any artwork straight away. I will email to ask the customer to email the artwork and have to wait for it to be provided.

Sometimes, other problems occur where the artwork is sent in a format that I cannot use, or if it is for a stamp it is sent in a full colour image that has to be completely redrawn. As I try my best to produce a good quality image, if the artwork is too small, it appears blocky and will not work clearly I will ask for another image to be sent to ensure a good quality print on the stamp.

I also use Royal Mail for delivery, and although most of the time they are very efficient, sometimes they do seem to hold on to the odd item for longer than normal, which unfortunately is out of my control.

On your other comment regarding stock levels, I try my best to provide a wide range of products, but unfortunately, as a small buisness I do not have alot of spare money to buy in large quantities of stock. With the current climate, I believe all buisnesses are suffering at the moment, and alot of larger companies are having to close down. Cash flow is always going to be an issue with a small buisness like myself, and as my suppliers are maily outside of the UK they do not offer 30 days to pay, so I need to pay for my stock up front, then have to wait for weeks (at times) for it to arrive.

Although I try my best to keep everything stocked up, and orders dispatched as quickly as possible, occasionally it is not possible.

I pride myself in customer satisfaction, and was surprised to read this message. Often if a order is urgent and the customer lets me know I will ensure that it is posted out the same day or even split the order so that the bulk of the order is dispatched straight away, and the remaining item dispatched as soon as possible afterwards. I have even done seperate trips to the post office to ensure an order goes out quickly after the main post has already gone.

Kind Regards

Kathy

www.ukgeocachers.co.uk