Grmin 62s Maximum waypoint downloads.

Don't know the answer to your question but as an alternative you can make waypoints into custom POIs very easily (1 step) on your pc and transfer to your GPS with POI Loader. Then you can have virtually unlimited number of custom POIs. I have over 160,000 on my Oregon 450 and growing. You can always create a waypoint on your GPS from any exisiting custom POI on your GPS.

Your 62s can hold 2000 regular waypoints, Plus, 5000 geocaches. As eaparks noted custom POIs will allow virtually unlimited numbers of waypoints (or caches) to be loaded.

So, you're saying you can load geocaches in the unit as POI's? So, how does that work when you're out in the field geocaching? Do you access the POI's the same way you would geocaches being loaded? Do they all show up on the map? Or are they limited to the 'information/details' that come along with them?

Trying to understand the difference......what you can or can't do with the POI's as you would uploading them as geocaches. I use POI's on my Nuvi...

Edited by Lieblweb

Your 62s can hold 2000 regular waypoints, Plus, 5000 geocaches. As eaparks noted custom POIs will allow virtually unlimited numbers of waypoints (or caches) to be loaded.

So, you're saying you can load geocaches in the unit as POI's? So, how does that work when you're out in the field geocaching? Do you access the POI's the same way you would geocaches being loaded? Do they all show up on the map? Or are they limited to the 'information/details' that come along with them?

Trying to understand the difference......what you can or can't do with the POI's as you would uploading them as geocaches. I use POI's on my Nuvi...

This may answer some of your questions. http://garminoregon....nd+POIs#POIs-P2.) It is for the Oregon but it should be the same for your 62.

It's basically the same as loading the Nuvi...(and nothing to get excited about). You gotta be at a certain 'zoom' level to see them on the map (similar to the Nuvi).

Meh....

On the 62s (and any other Garmin hand held mapping unit) you can set the Map/User points to any zoom level you care to see your POIs. It is Not similar to the Nuvi. And with GSAK macros you can have the entire cache page of info.