How do i track my GPS transfers?

Nicholai o Petra

Whenever I send a cache to my GPS I see no way of telling which one is sent since all the icons are still the same.

When trying to cover all the caches in a certain area it gets confusing to know which one I have and haven't sent to my GPS.

I am not a Premium member yet so maybe there's such a feature with that?

Maybe caches added to "Pocket Queries" shows up with different icons on the map?

Thanks!

/Nicholai

Whenever I send a cache to my GPS I see no way of telling which one is sent since all the icons are still the same.

When trying to cover all the caches in a certain area it gets confusing to know which one I have and haven't sent to my GPS.

Maybe caches added to "Pocket Queries" shows up with different icons on the map?

Thanks!

/Nicholai

What OS are you using. All the major OSes have a way to see more details of the files that you are looking at. If you are using Windows you can use the Date modified field for this.

I also recommend that you upgrade to the Premium Membership so that you can take advantage of the Pocket Query feature.

What GPSr make/model -- it matters.

Most allow for logging (or marking as 'found', if you prefer) on the unit itself. It will then differentiate between 'found' and 'not found' caches. Even those units prior to "paperless".

Many paperless units remove a 'found' cache entirely from the screen, but it remains accessible under a different file. It is simply a matter of marking it as 'found' on the device itself.

I apologise, should have mentioned that it was the map here on the website that I was referring to. http://www.geocaching.com/map/default.aspx

I click a Chache on the map and "Send to GPS".

After, they all still look the same and there is no way of telling if I transferred specific ones to my GPS already.

I have no problem with my GPS, at least not yet =)

GPS: Garmin Dakota 20

Thanks

Thanks!

/Nicholai

What gps, and how did you send the caches to it?

The icons won't change, unless you mark the cache as "found" on your gps.

Being a PM and using PQ's won't change the icons.

Once you've downloaded a cache, you should be able to see it on your gps, if the transfer was successful.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

Thanks!

/Nicholai

What gps, and how did you send the caches to it?

The icons won't change, unless you mark the cache as "found" on your gps.

Being a PM and using PQ's won't change the icons.

Once you've downloaded a cache, you should be able to see it on your gps, if the transfer was successful.

B.

Alright thank you!

Is there a way to mass transfer Chaches to my GPS rather than clicking them one by one?

Not only the coordinates but also (once I´m a PM), ratings, hints, descriptions ect?

/Nicholai

The icons are not supposed to change when sending them to your GPS and I've never heard of any third party script/program that would trigger such a change.

If you're sending a bunch of caches as a non-premium, easiest way would be from the Search page instead. From the Search page, you can click the check box next to the cache name, or use the Select All button below the table, and then click the Download Waypoints button.

Not only the coordinates but also (once I´m a PM), ratings, hints, descriptions ect?

Download the GPX file instead of the LOC file. The Send to GPS buttons on a cache page and Pocket Querries do that by default.

Edited by Glimmereyes