geomate jr

looking for one can trade a lowrance ifinder or ifinder hunt non color or gps6o

I hope you realize that geomate jr. units were downgraded to junk status when the original corporate owners abandoned it. A new corporate entity recently bought it from them. They have not yet proven to me that they will return the geomate to it's original functionality. Some users have indicated loading a much smaller PQ data set to them for their kids to use. I guess they figure if it gets destroyed there was no value lost. No harm done. At the moment I would hold off trading anything of real value for one. If you were aware of the shortcomings and still want one, Good Luck in your quest.

yes i am aware thanks for the warning but i can load pocket queries on it and still use it

I hope you realize that geomate jr. units were downgraded to junk status when the original corporate owners abandoned it. A new corporate entity recently bought it from them. They have not yet proven to me that they will return the geomate to it's original functionality. Some users have indicated loading a much smaller PQ data set to them for their kids to use. I guess they figure if it gets destroyed there was no value lost. No harm done. At the moment I would hold off trading anything of real value for one. If you were aware of the shortcomings and still want one, Good Luck in your quest.

the garmin gps60 is yellow and yes has the cord that hooks to the computer i can email pics can you do the same on your end i love the geomate i can load pocket queries am interested in the trade

yes i am aware thanks for the warning but i can load pocket queries on it and still use it

the garmin gps60 is yellow and yes has the cord that hooks to the computer i can email pics can you do the same on your end i love the geomate i can load pocket queries am interested in the trade

In case anyone is interested I successfully loaded the Mid USA cache list yesterday. I think that their website may be back in action.

Edited by MMmm!!

I can load mid-US and western US on my granddaughters Geomate JR but I cannot load the Eastern US. Which is where we need :blink: I've tried loading PQ's but can't seem to get it right. After I do this, all I see on the screen is NO Database. It's getting frustrating, but I think I'll hold on to it awhile to see if they get the Eastern US load working again.

I can load mid-US and western US on my granddaughters Geomate JR but I cannot load the Eastern US. Which is where we need :blink: I've tried loading PQ's but can't seem to get it right. After I do this, all I see on the screen is NO Database. It's getting frustrating, but I think I'll hold on to it awhile to see if they get the Eastern US load working again.

July 16, 2012

Brand 44, the new owners of Geomate, Jr now have the system back on line. You can update any part of the world. It is so good to see this little gem back in business. Made 7 finds today on caches that were hid in the last 30 days in the Eastern time zone of the US.

July 16, 2012

Brand 44, the new owners of Geomate, Jr now have the system back on line. You can update any part of the world. It is so good to see this little gem back in business. Made 7 finds today on caches that were hid in the last 30 days in the Eastern time zone of the US.

Thank you for the heads-up, grandad24.

We've been anxiously waiting for the GeomateJr's update zone to come back to life.

Tonight I ended up having to remove their old software and install their new stuff (several times). It figures that their updated website and their new software are as quirky as the old ones were, but at least I've finally got Junior running again. This is my daughter's main GC device and she will be pleased.

July 16, 2012

I haven't tried the update for a couple weeks, thanks for the heads up. I will have to give it a try this weekend. My granddaughter has been so disappointed that she hasn't been able to use the unit since she got it for her bithday in March.