[Feature] now new features - fix bugs instead

java.lang

I already wanted to create this "feature suggestion" after the last site update, but somehow forgot to do so. Just now I read a post by jholly (http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=296718&view=findpost&p=5060903) which exactly reflects my thoughts.

So my request would be:

Stop implementing new features (no one asked for in the first place) - concentrate on fixing the bugs and inconsistencies in the already existing functionality of the page instead.

Just to mention a recent example from the quoted thread: It's not possible to create a new mystery or multi cache in certain regions of the world. Groundspeak knew about this quite some time before the last scheduled update, still this 'critical' bug hasn't been addressed, but we got some fancy new feature no one asked for (and which can't be dismissed/removed by the ones which don't like it - at least not the way one would expect). Additionally - as feared/anticipated by some - the latest update again introduced a new completely unrelated bug (missing link to map on search results, which as been fixed quite fast)

So bottom line:

Stop implementing new features - go fix all that little and big bugs in the existing functionality. There's a huge load of threads in the bug report forum, and most of the time there's no response from Groundspeak other than a "Merging duplicate threads" here and there.

Am I the only one thinking along these lines? Who wants to give me a +1 on this?

[Edit]Just saw the typo in the topic title which I can't change anymore now ;-)[/Edit]

Edited by java.lang

Just to mention a recent example from the quoted thread: It's not possible to create a new mystery or multi cache in certain regions of the world. Groundspeak knew about this quite some time before the last scheduled update, still this 'critical' bug hasn't been addressed, but we got some fancy new feature no one asked for (and which can't be dismissed/removed by the ones which don't like it - at least not the way one would expect). Additionally - as feared/anticipated by some - the latest update again introduced a new completely unrelated bug (missing link to map on search results, which as been fixed quite fast)

I wanted to respond to this. The bug you are describing came as a result of our decision to turn off the auto-filling of country and state for some regions of the world because of issues of the wrong region being inserted (we rely on Yahoo!'s WOEID system for this functionality, but it was not accurate enough for the UK and so we made this change at the request of the UK reviewers). This change was implemented immediately after a release and at which time the next sprint was already planned and underway. It was not a critical issue as the old form is still available and fully functional, and so the bug was slated for the next unplanned sprint (which is the one we are currently working on).