Very sad news re Scavok

jsarche

k, here I go..(deep breath)

As many know Roger was Not only the designer of MY Absolute fav. geocoin but he was also my best geocoin friend.. ..We used to meet up usually at culvers (the place we met) and talked geocoins, new designs, life.. you know the usual geocaching friend lunch. We had planned on doing a series of coins in a specific theme,both working on the art, in kinda a collab, but he was allways busy with life, work,school, and other designs, and we just never had the chance to do it. I had a falling out at home and my life changed drasticly,i knew roger had been thru something similar in his life and i knew i could rely on him to make lght of a bad situation ,, and he did. The guy had a spark for life, and in situations where 99% of us would be pulling out our hair, he seemed to stay cool calm and collected and allways seemed to have the answer and knew the next step to reach his goals. I really cant say enuff good things about Roger, he was just one of those guys.. he was a genuine person and good friend to me. Ill miss him, our lunches and his coins to say the least!

I know its late but i felt like i oued it to scavok to post here!!

I was just thinking of him yesterday... on the instance when he was designing the tengwar a few of us thought there should be a greater varience on the front and back of the coin. I was thinking to myself...I'm glad he did it just the way he did :) I paused for a moment and realized he was gone. Those moments are when you value what you still have even more and hope his memories won't fade. He was a neat guy and ill remember him best by his hand pounded lead coin followed with the patina copper and bronze. We communicated on several occasions on that patina process and he was so willing to share the process while exploring new ideas in the making. I wished the world worked differently, but glad you had a chance to know him on a personal level Jay. 8)

I was just thinking of him yesterday... on the instance when he was designing the tengwar a few of us thought there should be a greater varience on the front and back of the coin. I was thinking to myself...I'm glad he did it just the way he did :) I paused for a moment and realized he was gone. Those moments are when you value what you still have even more and hope his memories won't fade. He was a neat guy and ill remember him best by his hand pounded lead coin followed with the patina copper and bronze. We communicated on several occasions on that patina process and he was so willing to share the process while exploring new ideas in the making. I wished the world worked differently, but glad you had a chance to know him on a personal level Jay. 8)

Thx Brutha Big D, I was very fortunate, honored and lucky to have had such a cool friend to enjoy shiney lil metal things with. but he really was a great guy.

I remember one afternoon, he called me and asked if id like to meet at the park,,,, courious to what he was up to i said sure.. grabbed the coins grabbed the gps, and off i went.. when i arrived i saw him and he had allready bought some lunch for us, a burger and a soda was awaiting me on the hood of his car... we ate lunch and i asked him what was up?!?! he went to the back of his ride and pulled out a potato gun..errr...wait more like a potatoe cannon.....i just started to crack up,, i asked if he was serious.. he said yeah .. and had a bowl of potatoes allready cut up and bag full of right guard deoderant spray.. man it was funny to see this nice guy with an arsonal of potatos.... he explained that most ppl use hair spray and he liked right guard because it smelt better and he thought it propelled the potato farther.. man ... we had a blast launching potatoes that afternoon after that he pulled out some rockets and we launched those over another decussion of geocoin design. I miss My friend and his talent and our convos. very sad.

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

I had sent an email message thru FB to his mom, expressing my condolences. I think through that I ended up as a friend of his and got a notice that today was his birthday and I guess his mom published an online birthday celebration of sorts. Just thought I'd point this out in case people wanted to post a message to the family and loved ones. I didn't know him personally and when I got the FB notice, still had to wonder what could have happened to take away a talented person at such a young age, because it seemed like he had everything to live for, from the remembrances I've read. I'm sure today is a hard day for his family and friends and so wanted to revive this thread in case anyone wanted to send them a message.

Hello everyone,

I'm Roger's brother. I just came across this thread on Google, and wanted to express my thanks for your thoughts and prayers. It's nearly been a year, and a very hard one at that. He obviously had true compassion for others, and it showed everywhere; through his work in pharmacy to his hobby in geocaching.

We tried our best to get the coins people had ordered out, he had a large backlog, but there were mailing labels already printed for the majority of them.

Hope everyone has a good Memorial Day.