UK Geocaching Car Boot Sale

I brought my Garmin Etrex Vista HCX about 5 years ago second hand from this forum after getting the bug with a borrowed GPS and it's given me over 800 finds (some must have been via my phone!). I used the excellent OSM maps with contours from Talkytoaster.

The Garmin Bike Mount had broken and despite me strapping it on and checking before I left on Sunday it came loose as I went down a hill on my bike! The case broke and it doesn't work, I thought it might be a loose wire but taking it apart it looks more serious than that (components are broken off the PCB). Does anyone have a Etrex Vista HCX for sale or a Legend HCX even (I did occasionally use the compass but apart from that is there too much difference?). I've just spotted a Oregon on Ebay since that's a good model apparently, does anyone have one of those? I think the Dakota 10 is a more basic model?

Many thanks,

Chris Dunne

Having a clear out in the garden and found three ammo cans. They are the large size ones and were for planned caches which failed for permission issues. Forgot all about them!! They need a bit of a clean up and a coat of paint but if you want them for a fiver each e-mail. May be able to deliver as drive Bedford to Liverpool weekly if you are along the M1and M6.

Clearing out the garden and found three "normal" size ammo cans behind the shed!!!

They must have been there for at least six years and were for caches I had planned but failed on permission issues.

One of them is full of 35mm "photo pots" so not sure what I was planning for that one.

THESE ARE NOT NEW AND SHOW SIGNS OF EXTERNAL PAINT FLAKING AND A BIT OF RUST. INTERNALLY THEY ARE FINE.

I am in Bedford but travel to Liverpool (Runcorn) every week so maybe able to deliver otherwise collection only.

Offers by e-mail only will close this on 08/06/2015.

Nick

I brought my Garmin Etrex Vista HCX about 5 years ago second hand from this forum after getting the bug with a borrowed GPS and it's given me over 800 finds (some must have been via my phone!). I used the excellent OSM maps with contours from Talkytoaster.

The Garmin Bike Mount had broken and despite me strapping it on and checking before I left on Sunday it came loose as I went down a hill on my bike! The case broke and it doesn't work, I thought it might be a loose wire but taking it apart it looks more serious than that (components are broken off the PCB). Does anyone have a Etrex Vista HCX for sale or a Legend HCX even (I did occasionally use the compass but apart from that is there too much difference?). I've just spotted a Oregon on Ebay since that's a good model apparently, does anyone have one of those? I think the Dakota 10 is a more basic model?

Many thanks,

Chris Dunne

I've just brought a oregon-450t from ebay (not delivered yet). It seems to have good reviews, I got a bit concerned that the 'T' might mean it's not got a SD card but all looks ok.

I've just brought a oregon-450t from ebay (not delivered yet). It seems to have good reviews, I got a bit concerned that the 'T' might mean it's not got a SD card but all looks ok.

T stands for Topo, as in it comes with a Topo map. (Originally, weather you get the map is another matter!)

You can still load OSM mapping to it. :)

Hi everyone,

I've never posted a 'for sale' ad here so please let me know if you want any more info on the device.

It's a Garmin GPSMap 64, designed with Geocaching in mind.

The unit comes with the quick start guide in various languages, the safety and product info booklet, a micro SD card (currently installed) with OSM GBR + Ireland, and a lanyard. I can try and hunt down a USB cable if required, although they can be picked up very cheaply on-line too

£160 ovno

satan aka Sarah

Not sure whether such ads are allowed.. if not I am sure admin will delete. My cachemobile (aka 2 berth campervan with trackable sticker and 2nd TB currently racing around the world competing with campervan) is for sale. Anyone interested in Romahome C15 reg 2001, 2 berth campervan - please pm me for more details.

Going to advertise these locally but first thought I'd offer them up here as I know there is a thriving camping community!

All used but serviceable

2 x Deluxe folding campbeds

2 x Khyam folding chairs

1 x Sleeping mat inflatable (long/wide)

Will sell job lot or individually

You can check prices for similar new:

Campbed

Chair

Sleeping mat

Email me for details and photos, if you want them once you've seen the photos you can make me a sensible offer!

Should be able to sort out delivery/collection locally but further afield from New Forest area will need to come to some sort of agreement/arrangement.

Email communication only, I'll not respond through the forums!