UK Geocaching Car Boot Sale

I am selling my Etrex 20. It was purchased in May 2012 and has only been used for about 5 outings. Due to dodgy knees I can no longer participate in the hobby. :(

The unit is in as new condition and I still have the original box and documents.

I am looking for the best offer around £100.

It can be paid and collected NE London, PayPal, or cheque (posted when cleared).

I will let this run for 7 days and sell to highest offer.

Edited by McDeHack

I am selling my Etrex 20. It was purchased in May 2012 and has only been used for about 5 outings. Due to dodgy knees I can no longer participate in the hobby. :(

The unit is in as new condition and I still have the original box and documents.

It can be paid and collected NE London, PayPal, or cheque (posted when cleared).

Is this GPS still available McDeHack? If so, I'm interested in making you an offer.

Is this GPS still available McDeHack? If so, I'm interested in making you an offer.

Make me an offer. I have answered your PM.

Make me an offer. I have answered your PM.

Thanks for the PM. I'll reply to that shortly.

One last chance to snap this up before it goes on that well known auction site...

My trusty Oregon 200 is now looking for a new home.

The Oregon 200 is in very good condition and I had a ZAG Invisible Shield on it from the day I got it and have just removed this, so the screen is unscratched and as it was when new. The body of the Oregon 200 is in very good condition too, no dents, scratches or cracks.

Works perfectly, complete with box, original Garmin USB cable and I'll even include a pre-loaded and tested 4GB MicroSD card with my latest OS 1:50K Look n Feel mapset.

I'm only selling it as I have just upgraded to a 550 so that I have a current Oregon model for my map testing.

This is a good alternative to a new Etrex 20 and offers a larger screen which renders map data far faster than the Etrex 20 and 30 models.

It holds up to 1,000 caches at a time. Battery life is 16-20 hours (depending on batteries used).

This is an excellent starter to intermediate level device for caching, hiking, cycling.

If you can get to West Sussex, you are welcome to come and see it in action before purchase.

Price is £140 (O.V.N.O) + Postage and packing (if not picking it up in person).

Please feel free to PM or email me if you need more information of want to come an see it.

Due to the relatively recent arrival of a mini-cacher in our family, I am clearing out surplus gadgets and have a Globalsat BT-338 bluetooth GPSr for sale.

Although it was my first geocaching device, it's probably more for gadget fiends than beginners as it doesn't have a screen or cable. Instead, it GPS-enables Bluetooth-compatible devices that don't have GPS built in, or improves the accuracy of those that do. I've used it with a Palm Tungsten T3 PDA, various Nokia cellphones, and an HTC Desire smartphone. On Android, the free Bluetooth GPS app should allow it to work with any app that's location-aware.

I've also used it with Windows and Linux laptops. It doesn't need any drivers, and should work with any software that can connect to a standard serial port, so long as you have a Bluetooth dongle set up to allow connections. It's worked fine for me with this dongle and this one). Although it's an old model, the BT-338 is very accurate, holds the signal well in poor conditions, and has great battery life.

The GPSr comes with a mains charger, belt pouch, and a CDROM with manuals and a simple Windows program to display the GPS data. Unfortunately I don't still have the original box. With a new battery, the BT-338 can last up to 17 hours on one charge. As it's second hand, this one may not last quite so long now, but it should still comfortably outlast a smartphone when running an active Bluetooth link.

Price is £25 plus P&P (or pick it up from me in Bristol).

I'm currently on my 37th cache so I'm on the look out for my first proper GPS to get me started.

I'm currently using my iPhone but I'm finding that the battery takes a beating on longer days out and I'm also afraid I'm gonna drop it.

Not looking for anything too basic yet nothing too technical either.

I've been looking at a few threads on here and the Etrex 20 or the Magellan GC seem to come recommended.

Anyone got one they might want to sell?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Shakey.

SOLD..

I am selling my personal collection of Geocoins to raise money for Anthony Nolan. They are all registered against my geocaching account so will need to be adopted by buyers.

#MVGEO

South Wales Golfing Geocoin

#The World is Our Playing Field Micro Geocoin

#Super Cacher Geocoin

#Piranha Geocoin

Geoswag C&P Club June 2008 - Paper Geocoin

Shropshire Way 2008 Geocoin

Lizardtoadz Geocoin

Best of British 2007 Geocoin

Help for Heroes Geocoin

*Robert Burns 2009 Geocoin

*Flower of Scotland Geocoin

*David Douglas Geocoin

*Scottish Folklore and Legends Geocoin

2009 South Wales Geocachers Geocoin

Appalachian Trail Final (Bronze)

Appalachian Trail Final (Silver)

*Big Tree Country – Birnam Oak Geocoin

*Big Tree Country – Birnam Oak Limited Edition

Brecon Beacons National Pk. Geo

*Miner's Protector Lamp Geocoin (Lit)

*Miner's Protector Lamp Geocoin (Unlit)

Those * are limited issues to fund raise for GB Mega events so I imagine will now be fairly difficult to come by.

For coins marked with an * i'm looking for £7 (inc. P&P)

For coins marked with an # i'm looking for £3 (inc. P&P)

All other coins £5 (inc. P&P)

Regards

RB

I am selling my personal collection of Geocoins to raise money for Anthony Nolan. They are all registered against my geocaching account so will need to be adopted by buyers.

#MVGEO

#Super Cacher Geocoin

#Piranha Geocoin

Lizardtoadz Geocoin

Help for Heroes Geocoin

*David Douglas Geocoin

Those * are limited issues to fund raise for GB Mega events so I imagine will now be fairly difficult to come by.

UPDATE:

#MVGEO

#Super Cacher Geocoin

#Piranha Geocoin

Lizardtoadz Geocoin SOLD

Best of British 2007 Geocoin SOLD

Help for Heroes Geocoin SOLD

*David Douglas Geocoin

Brecon Beacons National Pk. Geo SOLD

All Geocoins now sold :-)

RB

#MVGEO

#Super Cacher Geocoin

#Piranha Geocoin

Lizardtoadz Geocoin

Help for Heroes Geocoin

*David Douglas Geocoin

UPDATE:

#MVGEO

#Super Cacher Geocoin

#Piranha Geocoin

Lizardtoadz Geocoin SOLD

Best of British 2007 Geocoin SOLD

Help for Heroes Geocoin SOLD

*David Douglas Geocoin

Brecon Beacons National Pk. Geo SOLD

LOWRANCE iFINDER GO2

Hi

I bought this (second hand)gps a couple of years ago to compliment my maggellan and garmin units. The idea being that I could loan it to potential new users. The unit was never used by myself and therefore is surplus to requirements. It would make a good starter unit for a beginner, it has basic mapping function showing rivers, main roads and locations. I have just tested it and it picks up the satelites ok. Manual is available for download on internet.

As this is a fairly basic model I'm looking for offers around £30 plus £5 postage although if you live in Surrey (Woking) you can collect free.

Edited by momagic48

PALM M505/M515 ORGANISORS

Hi again, I have 4 of these organisors, (but only 1 charger/sync lead,these can be purchased thro ebay), when I started caching I used Spinner/Plucker to enable paperless caching. These units are still usable but you will have to snc with your computer and reload plucker.

Offers circa £30 + postage/packing (about £5) (That's for all 4 units + software/manuals, you may have to download the updated software for your windows from Palm)

I now use c:geo on my android tablet.

GARMIN DASH MOUNT

Also have a car dash mount for a Etrex (complete with back plate), you will need to purchase sticky pads for fixing (rear mirror pads)

Looking for around £8 + postage, for this.

Edited by momagic48

LOWRANCE iFINDER GO2

Hi

I bought this (second hand)gps a couple of years ago to compliment my maggellan and garmin units. The idea being that I could loan it to potential new users. The unit was never used by myself and therefore is surplus to requirements. It would make a good starter unit for a beginner, it has basic mapping function showing rivers, main roads and locations. I have just tested it and it picks up the satelites ok. Manual is available for download on internet.

As this is a fairly basic model I'm looking for offers around £30 plus £5 postage although if you live in Surrey (Woking) you can collect free.

Hi again

I'm willing to accept £20 +postage, If this does not sell will be advertising on a well known auction site beginning with 'E'

I wouldn't mind having a caching related number plate :)

Not sure I'd take the risk with this one though:

"It is G10 TRK but with some carefully placed fasteners will look like GEOTRK I have had it like you can see in the photo for the last couple of years without any problems from the law".

"It is G10 TRK but with some carefully placed fasteners will look like GEOTRK I have had it like you can see in the photo for the last couple of years without any problems from the law".

That setup is illegal, a work colleague recently had an on the spot fine for a similar plate arrangement. If you're a cacher it does look quite cool, but is it worth the risk?

I wouldn't mind having a caching related number plate :)

To be honest, if you want a geocaching number plate, you'd be better off buying your own - there are plenty of "Geo's" to go round.

For instance....

dvu5ExR.png

is only £250

Unfortunately ladies, GEO8ABE has gone... so own up... who has it?

Any offers on a boxed Garmin Vista HCx, it has been taken out of box and put straight back as they found it to complicated to use!!!

It is complete with the manual and anything else it came with.

They are not a cacher and wanted to use it for "plotting walking routes" but didn't realise that you have to buy additional maps for it.

I'll leave this open for two weeks and then it will go on flea bay.

E-mail me if you are interested, unit is in Manchester and I travel up and down weekly from Bedford so could deliver if you are on the M1/M6/M62 "route".

I hope this isn't against the spirit of the purpose of the thread.

I've managed to lay my hands on a few front bicycle lights. Ideal for cycling to caches in the dark and also ideal for night caches as they also work well as a torch with three levels of brightness (plus one flashing mode). Of course if you do night caches and cycle to them they are doubly useful!

The lights are the Hope Vision 1 front light, 2013 model, in blue. Normally they retail at £99 for just the light (Wiggle sell the light only for £89) but my price is £70 for the light, four AA rechargable batteries and a Hope branded charger. UK postage included but if you want to pay with PayPal you'll need to pay their fees.

What's in the box is a light, handlebar mount, headband so you can mount the light as a head torch, lugs so the handlebar mount will fit on fatter or thinner bars, and a wrist lanyard. Basically what you're getting is the 2013 model of this (I stress the 2013 model in case Wiggle change their page) - http://www.wiggle.co.uk/hope-vision-1-led-front-light/ - but with batteries and charger.

In case I don't see posts here please feel free to contact me via my GC.com profile at http://www.geocaching.com/email/?guid=c66990d6-8472-4e75-8832-54a07d1ba45a

Since I upgraded to an Oregon 600 I am selling my Oregon 300. It is in good working order and includes an sd card with Garmin Discoverer maps.It's only defect is that it brings up an error message on switching on saying no maps but when this is tapped the message disappears. I'll be putting it on Fleabay at the end of next week if I don't receive any offers of at least £70.

Having taken advantage of Go Outdoors' offer on a new Garmin GPSMap 62s a while ago, we are now selling our trusty Garmin GPSMap 60CSx which has helped us find over 500 caches in the US, France and Cyprus as well as the UK.

However, I found this 'topic' on this forum after listing the GPSr on eBay. So if interested, please do a search for Garmin GPSMap 60CSx item number 201069771045 on eBay.

Thanks

Hi,

I have decided to sell my Garmin Oregon 450,

Haven't used it now for over 12 months still have the box and is in mint condition.

+ 8Gig memory card

£120

Birmingham area only

Email undeaddave@gmail.com

Edited by lyonsy

Hi all, I was a very active Geocacher back in 2000 - 2006, but due to work commitments (British Army) I had to stop and sold all my kit :(

Looking to get back into it now I am a Civilian and hoping some of you Geocachers may have a decent GPS (anything I can hook up to my PC and upload/Download maps and Data etc) up for sale.

If you can contact me it would be appreciated.

Cheers Phil B.

Edited by phil_beacall

I've just started geocaching and I'm already getting annoyed at how quickly the app drains my phone. If anyone is selling a gps which is able to have maps downloaded to, please get in touch.

I have the same problem but take a teknet charger with me when I go. Charges my phone on the move and I'm able to stop out for a good few hours without running out of battery. Will test it on a full day during the summer wasn't too expensive either from amazon £20