Verious Geocaching Cheating (& non-cheating) Services on Microjob Sites

It takes a truly sad person to pay someone else to seek out a cache just to add to their find count. This reminds me of people who would post on the Xbox forums about boosting gamerscore for those willing to pay so they could flaunt their meaningless number online.

I don't know about you guys but being out on the trail is just as enjoyable as finding the cache. I can't imagine paying someone else to have my fun.

If anyone do that to my caches, I would let it stand. As long the log sheet is signed, there's nothing I can do about it.

I just noticed this part of your statement, and I think you may be miss reading Groundspeak.

Groundspeak says once "YOU" put your name on a log, you may log it on line. I would bet the farm, that if it could be proved you had someone else sign, when you weren't present, a CO could delete your log. Really hard to prove, if I felt someone else signed for you and you weren't there I would delete.

It takes a truly sad person to pay someone else to seek out a cache just to add to their find count. This reminds me of people who would post on the Xbox forums about boosting gamerscore for those willing to pay so they could flaunt their meaningless number online.

I don't know about you guys but being out on the trail is just as enjoyable as finding the cache. I can't imagine paying someone else to have my fun.

I checked the sites that the OP mentioned that morning. There was only one person on one site in the UK that had posted one ad, and I read it as a joke. There was another posting I noticed in a local Craigslist ad a while ago, but it was written as a joke also. I wouldn't get too wound up over it. :D

I checked the sites that the OP mentioned that morning. There was only one person on one site in the UK that had posted one ad, and I read it as a joke. There was another posting I noticed in a local Craigslist ad a while ago, but it was written as a joke also. I wouldn't get too wound up over it. :D

I could be wrong, but I suspect these people aren't exactly raking in the dough.