BUG/Nasty Feature: Accidental Bookmark list deletion

Delta68

I deleted a bookmark list earlier and got the page saying 'bookmark list xxxxx successfully deleted'

I didn't realise that this messgae is actually at the top of the list of bookmark lists (because I increased the font size earlier today to make the cache pages readable) and clicked the back button to take me back to the list of lists.

Are you following this?

I got the usual annoying 're-post' message box which seems to appear randomly when clicking the back button on any page, and clicked OK

I then realised that one of the other bookmark lists got deleted!! :mad:

I can see now that clicking the 'Delete' link identifies and deletes the list according to its position on the page rather than by its name or guid etc :o

So clicking the 're-post' message box meant that the next list down gets deleted

Not good!

Mark

I deleted a bookmark list earlier and got the page saying 'bookmark list xxxxx successfully deleted'

I didn't realise that this messgae is actually at the top of the list of bookmark lists (because I increased the font size earlier today to make the cache pages readable) and clicked the back button to take me back to the list of lists.

Are you following this?

I got the usual annoying 're-post' message box which seems to appear randomly when clicking the back button on any page, and clicked OK

I then realised that one of the other bookmark lists got deleted!! :mad:

I can see now that clicking the 'Delete' link identifies and deletes the list according to its position on the page rather than by its name or guid etc :o

So clicking the 're-post' message box meant that the next list down gets deleted

Mark

When you try to delete a list, you get this message popup with ok/cancel buttons

Not good!

Doing this will permanently delete this bookmark list. Are you sure you want to continue?

Are you sure that you were clicking Ok to a repost form data message and not a delete bookmark message?

Edited by Don_J

Are you sure that you were clicking Ok to a repost form data message and not a delete bookmark message?

Pretty certain!

Strangely, I just created a couple of lists called zzz1 and zzz2 so they are at the bottom, deleted zzz1, click back and it was ok. No alert of any sort! :blink: :blink:

Mark