FaceBook advertising

Arne1

I am not a (real) programmer so I am not sure exactly how this could be coded, but it might look something like

IF premium_member=true AND facebook_linked=false THEN facebook_icon_visibility=off

Edit for typo

Edited by frinklabs

Did you write that in your sleep?

Why do you think so? Take into account that he is not a native speaker of English.

In any case, I'd also welcome an option to switch off the annoying Facebook widget on each log page. I do use Firefox and I have Greasemonkey installed, but I do not feel that it is up to the users to take care of such issues.

Cezanne

I do not feel that it is up to the users to take care of such issues.

Get used to it!

You are wasting your time asking Groundspeak to back-out a change. They NEVER do!!

I use Adblock Plus to block all the rubbish and I use GreaseMonkey to make the pages more usable.

Adblock,Greasemonkey and Stylish are both free of charge and there are dozens of users who WILL actually listen to what you want and help with any tweaks

Mark

You are wasting your time asking Groundspeak to back-out a change. They NEVER do!!

If they implemented the pseudo-code I outlined in my previous post in this thread, it wouldn't be "backing out" -- it would be an "enhancement" to an existing feature to leverage people to pay for a Premium Membership.

If they implemented the pseudo-code I outlined in my previous post in this thread, it wouldn't be "backing out" -- it would be an "enhancement" to an existing feature to leverage people to pay for a Premium Membership.

+1