Puzzle Help

TeamGofMD

I'm about 50 miles away. It's possible I could do this some day. Just by reading everything on the cache page I think I could find it. If you need more hints than the owner has already provided, perhaps this is not the cache for you. And this forum is much to public a place to be discussing puzzle spoilers.

can't come up with the solution to this puzzle.

The Cache Owner seems to still be active, and the cache has been found a few times. That bodes well for asking the Cache Owner. That's the best way to get some hints or even an answer. Good luck!

I've bugged him once already. Was hoping to avoid doing that again, but that is indeed my next move.

I'm about 50 miles away. It's possible I could do this some day. Just by reading everything on the cache page I think I could find it. If you need more hints than the owner has already provided, perhaps this is not the cache for you. And this forum is much to public a place to be discussing puzzle spoilers.

I'm not looking for a "spoiler", just a nudge in the right direction. It is plenty easy to send a message through my profile as others have done in the past. I figured the geocaching "community" might be interested in helping. Sorry if you disagree.

I'm not looking for a "spoiler", just a nudge in the right direction. It is plenty easy to send a message through my profile as others have done in the past. I figured the geocaching "community" might be interested in helping. Sorry if you disagree.

The responses you received have nothing to do with folks disagreeing with helping you. The official policy of these forums is to not post any help for puzzle caches. Your best bet is to ask the owner for some help. You may also consider making friends with some local cachers who you can work together with to solve puzzle caches in your area.

It's not really a matter of disagreement. While it is perfectly acceptable to ask people for help on puzzles, it is considered bad form to do it in a public forum. Doing so creates a tendency for those who may not know that posting solutions or spoilers does violate the terms of service http://www.geocaching.com/about/termsofuse.aspx (see section 4.(m). If you can't get a response from the CO, you might try to email other cachers who have solved the puzzle and logged the cache.

Good luck!

Edited by steben6

Ended up figuring it out on my own. Kept looking in the wrong direction. Thank's for the guidance. I've learned from my mistake.

Good job! I tried the most obvious thing, and it didn't seem to be panning out (as for getting me to a next Stage).

I think you should bug the Cache Owner. Not that I'm brushing you off (part of it may be that I didn't know the answer :anicute:). But maybe there's something the CO could add to smooth it out a little. Or maybe the difficulty could be higher. Without direct contact, how could the CO know that someone is having trouble with the puzzle?

And for my caches, I have clues to email, guidance, and even photos with arrows pointing at the container. In case people need more help*. Some people have taken me up on the offer. Bug me, I don't mind. :anicute:

*Some of my caches are the kind I can't find. My "help" email is what I'd like to receive when I needed lots of help.

Edited by kunarion