Mobile Geocaching

The Bear Clan

Hi

I've got a number of GPS devices the main being my HTC sensation, but I've also a backup phone/satnav which stays in the car, when the battery went on the sensation with 4 caches to go on the walk I was gutted when I couldnt use the backup android because I didnt have mobile internet with that phone... to the question :)

whats the best way to load up my android phone with the caches I want to visit? can it be done by connecting the hone to my pc or using wifi and storing caches on the phone or do i need to creat a pocket querie. I think it would be easier to sort of drag and drop caches (with all the info) I know I want to visit into my mobile device but is this possible

Both Groundspeak's Geocaching app and Neongeo can download PQ data directly via the API. You don't need to download/transfer GPX files at all.

If you use some other app that needs GPX files, then the easiest way I found to transfer them is Dropbox. Otherwise I kept running into problems with the Android browser not wanting to download GPX files.