Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jmilla210

Anybody Want to Buy a Garmin eTrex 10? It's in excellent condition.

It's completely paperless. Here's the link to the site where I'm selling it:

http://www.ebay.com/...9#ht_500wt_1156

An eTrex 10 is paperless?

I wasn't sure either, but that would pretty much make every current model on the market paperless, as the comparable $110 low-end Magellan Explorist 110 is paperless. Now of course you could go out and spend $300 for a new in the box, but manufactured a couple of years ago GPS60CSX, and it wouldn't be paperless. :blink:

An eTrex 10 is paperless?

Yes, of course. Its paper content is 0%.

Possibly; though if it uses certain kinds of electrolytic capacitors the paper content may be slightly higher. And don't forget the serial number label! :anibad::laughing:

This is directly from the Garmin site. Sounds paperless to me. Am I missing something?

eTrex 10 supports geocaching GPX files for transferring geocaches. Visit OpenCaching to start your geocaching adventure. By going paperless, you're not only helping the environment but also improving efficiency. eTrex 10 stores and displays key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions, which means no more manually entering coordinates and paper print outs. Simply upload the GPX file to your eTrex 10 and start hunting for caches.

This is directly from the Garmin site. Sounds paperless to me. Am I missing something?

eTrex 10 supports geocaching GPX files for transferring geocaches. Visit OpenCaching to start your geocaching adventure. By going paperless, you're not only helping the environment but also improving efficiency. eTrex 10 stores and displays key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions, which means no more manually entering coordinates and paper print outs. Simply upload the GPX file to your eTrex 10 and start hunting for caches.

No. I think KnowerofChad was expressing surprise that the cheapest GPS on the market is now paperless.

No. I think KnowerofChad was expressing surprise that the cheapest GPS on the market is now paperless.

Sorry KoC. That went right over my head. I have not followed recent eTrex development, probably because I am no fan of the older eTrex units.

The starting price seems a bit high for a used eTrex 10. You can buy a new one for just twenty dollars more, and if you get it on amazon you can most likely get free shipping.