iPhone App feature request: Ability to "Refresh ALL cache data"

Mr Chuffy

I have a long list of favourite caches stored on my iPhone that I will, sooner or later, get around to finding(hopefully!). I also have 3 or 4 PQ stored. What I would like to be able to do is just have a button that you can click to refresh the cache data for all caches stored in that list, rather than have to redownload the whole list again. This can be somewhat time consuming as I have a couple of PQ with over 500 caches.

I was wondering if anyone see would also be interested in such a feature.

I agree!! I have roughly 2700 caches as saved lists/PQs.

If you re-run your PQ it refreshes the caches that meet the specs of my query, but doesn't override the PQ itself. So my found caches will still be on the list; disabled caches will still be there (and look like they are enabled).

I'd also like that fixed.

Does anyone know for sure when or what causes the "Refresh Cache Data" button to appear under the cache listing on the iPhone app? It doesn't appear right away. I loaded 30 caches this morning, went after 11 of them and the "Refresh Cache Data" button wasn't available until after I already got home, and by then it did me no good. The people at Groundspeak failed to mention anything about this feature on their iPhone "tutorial".

Does anyone know for sure when or what causes the "Refresh Cache Data" button to appear under the cache listing on the iPhone app? It doesn't appear right away. I loaded 30 caches this morning, went after 11 of them and the "Refresh Cache Data" button wasn't available until after I already got home, and by then it did me no good. The people at Groundspeak failed to mention anything about this feature on their iPhone "tutorial".

Did you have a data connection while you were out and about? The fact that you've saved the caches for offline use tells me you probably didn't or temporarily turned it off. Maybe the refresh button only became available once you got home and got a connection through your home wifi or whatever. If you don't have a connection to the internet, that button wouldn't do you much good.

Just throwin' it out there as a possibility.

Edited by The A-Team

Did you have a data connection while you were out and about? The fact that you've saved the caches for offline use tells me you probably didn't or temporarily turned it off. Maybe the refresh button only became available once you got home and got a connection through your home wifi or whatever. If you don't have a connection to the internet, that button wouldn't do you much good.

Just throwin' it out there as a possibility.

Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that? I'll bet you're right and will have to test your theory later today.