Not be Over-saturated

PC-Realestacher

We have a wonderful cache idea in an indoor, secure location inside a public building. We have permission from the management. However, we have discovered a fairly nearby (about 300 ft. away) cache. Is there anything we can do to be able to place our cache? Is the physical location of the actual cache a consideration on a puzzle cache? (We considered doing one of those or a multi that would ultimately lead to this cache-- whatever). Ideas PLEASE!

Virtual waypoints do not count when testing for cache saturation. So, at your chosen spot you can use some existing object that you did not place into the environment -- such as an information sign -- to provide clues that can be plugged into a formula. When the puzzle is solved the seeker will be led to a physical container and logbook placed at a spot that's at least 528 feet from any other cache container.

Virtual waypoints do not count when testing for cache saturation. So, at your chosen spot you can use some existing object that you did not place into the environment -- such as an information sign -- to provide clues that can be plugged into a formula. When the puzzle is solved the seeker will be led to a physical container and logbook placed at a spot that's at least 528 feet from any other cache container.

***So, you are saying that there is NO WAY that we can place a cache container less than 528 feet from an existing cache?

***So, you are saying that there is NO WAY that we can place a cache container less than 528 feet from an existing cache?

Yuppers. Keep any eye on the cache that's too close, if it gets archived then that means you can put yours out. Otherwise, Keystone's option is about your only one.

Yeah, the bottom line is that your physical container can't be closer than a tenth of a mile from another physical container. (People have been known to lie about where the actual cache is in this kind of situation where there's really a huge conceptual distance -- inside vs. outside -- but you didn't hear that from me.)

But an inside cache is kinda special, so have you considered asking the other CO to yield the area?

Edited by dprovan
(People have been known to lie about where the actual cache is in this kind of situation where there's really a huge conceptual distance -- inside vs. outside -- but you didn't hear that from me.)

Reviewers are also cachers. If you lie when you hide a cache, and a reviewer finds the cache,(and the lie). You can be sure your future hides will be under tighter scrutiny. But you didn't hear that from me.

For what it's worth, I personally don't see much conceptual distance between inside and outside.

Edited by uxorious

Find another spot. I geocache to get outside. Not to take me inside a building.

I suppose it depends on the building, right?

Getting outdoors is one of the great things about caching, true. But I love how it takes me to interesting places, spots that are significant to the CO, and areas that I might otherwise never have bothered to find. I like it when COs place information about the location on the page-- why they chose it, why it is worthy of visiting. I live in a very tourist-friendly area and a lot of people cache here when they are on vacation. This gives them a chance to see other parts of the town besides just the beaches and tourist corridor-- including some wonderful caches (some indoors) in our Historic District.

You don't always have to get attacked by thorns and ticks to have a successful day caching!