Event sub-type splitting does not work properly

sTeamTraen

Look at this user's profile (I've chosen this one because it illustrates all aspects of the problem).

In the "Geocaches Found" column, the 63 "All Event Cache Types" have four subsections: Event, CITO, Mega, and L+F. But, the links for "Event" and "Mega" are the same as the "All Event Cache Types" link. So I can't (quickly) see (only) which Mega (or "vanilla") events this user has attended. CITO and L+F correctly give a subset of the events.

Similar considerations apply to "Geocaches Owned". The "Event" subsection is the same as the "All Event Caches(*) Types", whereas CITO works correctly. This account hasn't organised any Mega Events, but I'm guessing the same bug might apply.

(*) Also, note the typo in the right-hand version of this text.

The F.G.A. account is hosting a mega next year.

Looking at their owned event caches, you'll find that asking for CITO or Mega does split out properly, but asking for regular Meet and Greet yields all events, per sTeamTraen's post.

The plural singular thing is cute.

Now that you've pointed it out, it's going to bug me for all time - until it finally gets fixed... I'd expect it to be low priority (each time it bothers me I'm gonna blame sTeamTraen, just FYI ;-)....

Look at this user's profile (I've chosen this one because it illustrates all aspects of the problem).

In the "Geocaches Found" column, the 63 "All Event Cache Types" have four subsections: Event, CITO, Mega, and L+F. But, the links for "Event" and "Mega" are the same as the "All Event Cache Types" link. So I can't (quickly) see (only) which Mega (or "vanilla") events this user has attended. CITO and L+F correctly give a subset of the events.

Works OK for me!

All five links are different (I've highlighted the differences)and the sub types are displayed as expected :blink:

nearest.aspx?tx=69eb8534-b718-4b35-ae3c-a856a55b0874&ul=Y%c3%a9+Low&sc=y

nearest.aspx?tx=69eb8534-b718-4b35-ae3c-a856a55b0874&ul=Y%c3%a9+Low&sc=n

nearest.aspx?tx=57150806-bc1a-42d6-9cf0-538d171a2d22&ul=Y%c3%a9+Low&sc=n

nearest.aspx?tx=69eb8535-b718-4b35-ae3c-a856a55b0874&ul=Y%c3%a9+Low&sc=n

nearest.aspx?tx=3ea6533d-bb52-42fe-b2d2-79a3424d4728&ul=Y%c3%a9+Low&sc=n

(urls trimmed to prevent conversion to hyperlinks)

Mark

Edited by Delta68

Delta68, I too only see a problem on the events owned side.

On the found side, the cache types break out properly.

On the owned side, the two links, All Event Caches Types, and (meet and greet) Event Cache are the same.

Whereas on the found side, the All Events shows all events (duh) and the Event Cache link shows only Meet and Greets.

Delta68, I too only see a problem on the events owned side.

On the found side, the cache types break out properly.

You're right. I saw the problem in the "Owned" part and must have assumed it was the same in the "Found" part because the GUIDs were the same. However, it seems that the bug is that "&sc=n" is missing from the links in the "Owned" column - when I add that, the filter works.