List newest in <Your State> does not appear under Search

The Snowdog

I was at a meet yesterday and saw the "List newest in <Your State>" on several cachers profiles. It doesn't appear on mine. Several of us dug around for a while and couldn't figure out why. Is there some setting you have to change somewhere to get the "List newest in..." to appear under Search?

I was at a meet yesterday and saw the "List newest in <Your State>" on several cachers profiles. It doesn't appear on mine. Several of us dug around for a while and couldn't figure out why. Is there some setting you have to change somewhere to get the "List newest in..." to appear under Search?

Do you have a "home location" included in your account details:

http://www.geocaching.com/account/default.aspx

Ours is the coordinates for a cache that is very near our house.

B.

I have this my profile, and my husband doesn't have it on his.

No idea why.

Both accounts have home coords set, both accounts are Premium (though I doubt that's at issue).... The older account has it, and the newer account (his) doesn't. That's the only apparent difference.

I've seen this question come up from time to time, I don't think Groundspeak is aware of it as an issue, though.

Search Options

[Map It!]

Search for geocaches

near your home location

(filter out finds).

List newest in Florida <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< this option does not appear on my husband's profile...???

FIXED - it keys on your address, not your home location. I didn't have an address entered in my profile.

We don't have our address as our "home location". We would never put our actual street address on the internet.

We have the coordinates of a cache that is close to us as our "home location".

We've had it that way for years, and have never had a problem with not seeing "List newest in xxx".

B.