iPhone App feature request: Ability to contact CO

FluffyRAM

Please can the ability to contact the Cache Owner be added to the iPhone App.

This is particularly needed to complete caches which require e-mails with answers submitting to the CO (Earth caches especially).

Or, to just drop them a note if you replace a soggy log so they can remove the 'needs maintenance' attribute (because not all COs read every log but they do tend to read messages!)

We currently have to make notes to submit later when on the main site (for me when I'm back home on the desk top).

Yes, we can go to the main site via the app; launch and log in again on a browser where geocaching is not formatted for smart phone viewing; zoom to make readable and navigate around multiple pages, via the search engine to find the cache, find the CO, send a message.... Or in a nutshell, too convoluted from a smart phone!

So please - the ability to contact the CO directly from within the App would be much appreciated.

Many thanks for reading and considering.

Happy Caching!

You forgot the 'login' screen. Then the 'you are logged in' screen, then hit back page two times, then hit refresh screen.

So, yeah, having one click as opposed to several would be an improvement...

I guess if you are already logged into safari then you don't have to do these extra steps. But since I can't stay logged into GC.com more than a min, the extra steps involved are a pain.

Do-able, but a pain...

Edited by JesandTodd

But you're not contacting the CO via the app, you're doing it via safari. And with safari, I'm never logged in. And I've never remained logged into GC.com via safari in the 2.5 yrs of running the app.

That's the whole point of this thread....contacting the CO within the app.

Edited by JesandTodd

Yes, thank you. The point of my thread was a "feature request" to be able to contact the CO within the App!

I am not stupid! I know that I can do it the long-winded way! But smart phones are about convenience and making life easier... hence the suggestion ;)

Yes, thank you. The point of my thread was a "feature request" to be able to contact the CO within the App!

I am not stupid! I know that I can do it the long-winded way! But smart phones are about convenience and making life easier... hence the suggestion ;)

Yes, this would be much more convenient! I too would really like to see this implemented.

Even more, I wish they would fix a few things that are wrong with the app. Sadly, Groundspeak seems to be more about making the website more user friendly and integrated with the social websites, than making it and the app functional.

As the owner of an Earthcache and an Android user for spur-of-the-moment caching, I have to agree and add my +1 to this (assuming it is extended to the Android version too :laughing: )

Too many people are logging my Earthcache without emailing the answer, just a promise to send it when they get back to their PC. Of course, this seldom happens and I have to delete the log (and remember which ones have and haven't contacted me, so I delete the right logs !).

A simple "Contact CO" button or menu option would be brilliant.

Edited by juc_cacher