Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lumbricus

Unique Artistic Door Handles

12 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm thinking about handles.

On my Waymarking trips i sometimes noticed great handles. The doors weren't so special that i could submit it to the doors category, but the handles were excellent!

The exiting thing is to find them. 1000 of people don't realize that they are touching these small things of art.

Here are some examples:

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

Thanks for your thoughts,

lumbricus

Edited by lumbricus

these look cool and interesting however prevalence may be a concern I have personally never seen a handle close to any of your examples

Interesting but I would think most of these are probably for doors that would be artistic enough to go in the Doorways of the World category.

Some would fit in the 'Doorways of the World' category.

But i would like to have the focus on the handles.

Good pictures of artistic handles are rare in the Doorways category.

Here is another example, the door is boring but the handle is nice.

My link

Regards, lumbricus

Sure, there my be some overlap with Doors of the World, but I think none of my waymarks in that category have artistic handles.

Prevalence? Probably this depends on location. A young country like the U.S. probably has few. Europe probably has lots of possibilities. Asia? Well, we just don't have door handles.

My mansion has those fancy handles on every door! :D

Seriously, those are really awesome door handles! I'll have to start looking for some that might fit this suggested category.

I can see a few issues here. There is an artistic attraction of such door knockers, but ... what if there are several at one site? Say a church with dozens of doors all with identical door knockers. Is only one knocker to be waymarked (presumably the knocker on the main door)? Also, what if the same artistic door knocker is used in different buildings, even different buildings in widely scattered locations? There would also need to be an effective definition of 'artistic'. Nothing cheap or tawdry.

The only artistic door knockers I have seen in Asia are on the doors of a few 5 star hotels, and a few high-class entertainment facilities—which I have only read about. In ozi, not so much.

I can see a few issues here. There is an artistic attraction of such door knockers, but ... what if there are several at one site? Say a church with dozens of doors all with identical door knockers. Is only one knocker to be waymarked (presumably the knocker on the main door)? Also, what if the same artistic door knocker is used in different buildings, even different buildings in widely scattered locations? There would also need to be an effective definition of 'artistic'. Nothing cheap or tawdry.

The only artistic door knockers I have seen in Asia are on the doors of a few 5 star hotels, and a few high-class entertainment facilities—which I have only read about. In ozi, not so much.

Thanks Ian.

If there are more identical handles or knockers at one site, than only one could be waymarked, pictures from the others are welcome. The main door make sense. Mostly the artistic ones are old and handmade. The case that artistic ones are the same in different (widely scattered) locations is vanishingly low.

Nothing cheap or tawdry. -> D’accord

You are only writting about the knockers, not about the handles. Do you have handles in Thailand :yikes: