Magnet Logbooks

dolly80

I hadn't heard of rite in the rain so I checked it out. Got some locally and I am putting it up with that. Should work perfect if the videos are accurate. And the reviewer didn't seem to have a problem with the cache as it was, and I've seen two others of these. She said as long as there's a logbook it would go through. I guess it's not any different than the tiny nanos that are nothing but a itty bitty log book.

I hadn't heard of rite in the rain so I checked it out. Got some locally and I am putting it up with that. Should work perfect if the videos are accurate. And the reviewer didn't seem to have a problem with the cache as it was, and I've seen two others of these. She said as long as there's a logbook it would go through. I guess it's not any different than the tiny nanos that are nothing but a itty bitty log book.

Keep in mind that Rite-in-the-Rain will not hold up if it's continuously wet. It's meant to get occasionally damp, not continually soaked. If the magnet is under an overhang, it'll probably be okay. If it's constantly exposed to rain, be prepared to be replacing the paper fairly frequently.

Keep in mind that Rite-in-the-Rain will not hold up if it's continuously wet.

Some (more expensive) alternatives are DuraCopy and National Geographic Adventure Paper. NGAP is available at REI. They're synthetic and should hold up much better, if you find that RITR is not sufficient.