From Johannesbourg to Lesotho, Swasiland

darth_maul_3

Hi SA Guys,

i will travel to Johannesburg in September, so i want to find some Caches

there.

I have some days to spend for geocaching or a meet and greet Event with local cachers. ( wednesday-friday)

You are interested to caching around with me, i prefer to caching the

power Trail northwest of Johannesburg or much better caching at Lesotho

and Swasiland, because i collect states for caching -;)

If anybody interested please let me know and post your ideas there

thanks alot Roland aka darth_maul_3 from Germany

Hi SA Guys,

i will travel to Johannesburg in September, so i want to find some Caches

there.

thanks alot Roland aka darth_maul_3 from Germany

Hi Roland

I live 5 minutes from the airport, and can take you to a few caches in the area. We should be able to do about 20 in 4 or so hours.

Only thing is I don't want to do the Power Trail, but can take you there if you want to find a few of them.

The weekend would suit me better, but let me know what day suits you best, and I'll check with work.

If you like I can organise a BBQ and GC event) at our home for the Friday night, then you can log the event as well here in SA.

Regards

Anton

(team DamhuisClan)

Roland

I live a little further from the airport, but I can always make a plan. I am on study leave then, and depending on the day, I could accompany you to a few caches in the area, as there are many I haven't found yet. It's always fun to cache in a group. I would, however, only be able to spend one day though. What are your dates?

I also don't really want to do the power trail, but my reasons why are slightly different from Damhuisclan. I have heard it takes close to 24 hours to do the entire powertrail, and it requires a lot of planning and preparation. September being my examinations time, I won't be able to do the Power Trail. But there are still enough other caches in this area that we can do.

I assume you are looking for traditionals for quick finds, rather than multi's or mystery caches?

Also just note that Swaziland and Lesotho are quite a distance away, and I doubt there would be a cacher (or team) that can take you there, as it would probably take 3 days to go caching in Swaziland and back. I'm sure one can do it in 2, or maybe even less, but I wouldn't reccommend it. Still, Greater Johannesburg is made up of a few municipalities, and it would be possible to do more than one Province as well in a day. GSAK counts municipalities and provinces.

Let us know.

Jacques

Black James Cash

Edited by Black James Cash

Hi guys,

iam at Johannesburg area from 17-20 october so a Event would be great, please contact me if everybody want to organize this for further informations, because i Travel around this 4 days, maybe Friday is a Great Day or saturday.

Know anybody if is possible by rental Car, Travel to Swasiland, Mosambik and back to South Afrika?

I habe planed this Trip for wednesday to thursday if possible!!

Everybody on Board to Travel together?

guys Cache on

darthi from germany

maybe some guys, small group 2-4 people can organize a caching Tour to Swasiland with 2-5 finds and Mosambik 2-5 finds and back to Johannesbourg, that would be great.

guys Cache on

darthi from germany

Hi there,

if you plan to travel in a rented car you need a permission paper and the original registration papers from the rental company as well as an insurance for these countries. Keep in mind that you need a 4x4 for Mozambique as well as for most caches in Swaziland, although some can be do be by normal car with high ground clearance. Unfortunately these countries are not on the hot list of most Cachers in Gauteng, so it would be very difficult to convince the community here. The only Cacher who frequently caches in Swaziland is FishEagle from Nelspruit.

Regards

Volker aka Cache Fan

Hi guys,

ok Swasiland, Lesotho or Mosambik sounds like a challenge, so i have decide to book a flight to Capetown looking for penguins, table mountain and Cape of Good Hope.

Friday morning 19.oct. I will be back at Johannesburg, so if anybody want to do a meet and greet for me on afternoon so lets go.

I think i stay around randburg, but i have a car so theres no problem to visit a Great Barbecue, that would be great.

Cache on

darthi from germany