how do you do a multi cache ?

orangejuicenice

how do you do a multi cache and how would you enter the cords into you gps???? :sad:

Depending on the multi, most times you go to the first place and get the information needed for the second step. You edit the coordinates for the cache and then go to the next place. You keep repeating this until you find the final.

how do you do a multi cache

It depends on the type of multi. Some have a container with coords for the next stage. Some have a puzzle you have to solve or information you have to gather to figure out the coords for the next stage. You may be able to figure out which type you are looking at on the cache page.

and how would you enter the cords into you gps???? :sad:

It depends on your GPSr! On mine, I push a button that says 'MARK'. It allows me to enter coords. I would read your instruction manual, or just fool around with it until you figure it out.

how do you do a multi cache and how would you enter the cords into you gps???? :sad:

Here's some info on various cache types:

http://www.geocaching.com/about/cache_types.aspx

Usually the first coordinates for a Multi bring you to a spot with a clue to help make new coords. Keep going til you reach the Final with a log to sign. Some are more like physical puzzles that provide the new coords. They get pretty creative.

Depending on your GPSr, "mark a waypoint", then edit that waypoint by typing the new coords, save it, and go.

You should read the cache description carefully, and in some cases, a print-out is useful as a worksheet. The logs may help, too. If people went to a spot and "found the coordinates", there may be a fake leaf or a hidden tag with actual coordinates written on it. Some are tricky, but lots of fun.

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1

Depending on your GPSr, "mark a waypoint", then edit that waypoint by typing the new coords, save it, and go.

My PN-60 won't be able to show me the cache description if I tell it to go to a new waypoint, so instead I just edit the cache description itself to point to the next stage of the multi.

My PN-60 won't be able to show me the cache description if I tell it to go to a new waypoint, so instead I just edit the cache description itself to point to the next stage of the multi.

That would definitely be the preferred way to do it, but some models don't let you do this, such as the Garmin Oregons. On those, you'll have to make a waypoint.

how do you do a multi cache

It depends on the type of multi. Some have a container with coords for the next stage. Some have a puzzle you have to solve or information you have to gather to figure out the coords for the next stage. You may be able to figure out which type you are looking at on the cache page.

and how would you enter the cords into you gps???? :sad:

It depends on your GPSr! On mine, I push a button that says 'MARK'. It allows me to enter coords. I would read your instruction manual, or just fool around with it until you figure it out.

thanks what gps do you have??? :laughing:

That would definitely be the preferred way to do it, but some models don't let you do this, such as the Garmin Oregons. On those, you'll have to make a waypoint.

i have a Magellan :sad: 510 dose it do that???

I don't own that device, so I don't know. I just scanned through the manual, but I can't be sure whether you can edit the coordinates for a cache or not. Someone else may be able to give you a definitive answer.

I don't own that device, so I don't know. I just scanned through the manual, but I can't be sure whether you can edit the coordinates for a cache or not. Someone else may be able to give you a definitive answer.

On my Oregon (450) I just press the "enter next stage" and put the co-ordinates in there - never had to mark a waypoint!