Can Not Edit the HTML on the source page

Labrador Wild Man

On the Travel Bug Page. I like to do my own Basie HTML. But when I hit the show the source page I can not edit the HTML at all just look at it could do it before but not know has I said I like to design my page then cut/paste into the web page.

Can anybody help us?

Thanks

Labrador Wild Man

The above bolded part has me suspicious. Are you right-clicking on the page and going "View source"? That wouldn't work for what you're trying to do. You need to edit the TB listing (page_edit.png Edit This Trackable), then click the "Source" button in the field you want to edit.

Or I could be misinterpreting what you said.

On the Travel Bug Page. I like to do my own Basie HTML. But when I hit the show the source page I can not edit the HTML at all just look at it could do it before but not know has I said I like to design my page then cut/paste into the web page.

Can anybody help us?

Thanks

Labrador Wild Man

The above bolded part has me suspicious. Are you right-clicking on the page and going "View source"? That wouldn't work for what you're trying to do. You need to edit the TB listing (page_edit.png Edit This Trackable), then click the "Source" button in the field you want to edit.

I initially had the same train of thought, till I saw the cut/paste part (which I bolded and colored red). Looks like the Wild Man likes to work off line first. I've never tried that so I kept out of the conversation. But I am going to follow this discussion and see where it leads.

Can anybody help us?

Thanks

Labrador Wild Man

Sorry not very good of explaining myself i go to edit this trackable then click SOURCE, i can see my HTML but that is it i can click anywhere in the source and nothing happens can not edit the html all i can do is look at it i can not change a thing can not high light

i hope this helps

thanks

LWM

Sorry not very good of explaining myself i go to edit this trackable then click SOURCE, i can see my HTML but that is it i can click anywhere in the source and nothing happens can not edit the html all i can do is look at it i can not change a thing can not high light

i hope this helps

thanks

LWM

Can you edit the text in normal editing mode (ie. not clicking the "Source" button)? If not, then you've probably got some kind of browser configuration problem. Do you have another browser you can try?

i hope this helps

thanks

LWM

Can you edit the text in normal editing mode (ie. not clicking the "Source" button)? If not, then you've probably got some kind of browser configuration problem. Do you have another browser you can try?

I do not like the geocaching editing mode like to do my own i am using Explore 9 could be the problem my browser,hope some one else may have the same proplem.

thanks

LWM

i hope this helps

thanks

LWM

I do not like the geocaching editing mode like to do my own i am using Explore 9 could be the problem my browser,hope some one else may have the same proplem.

thanks

LWM

I understand you may not like the editor, but I asked if you can edit the text. If you click in the field while not in source mode, are you able to type anything?

i hope this helps

thanks

LWM

thanks

LWM

I understand you may not like the editor, but I asked if you can edit the text. If you click in the field while not in source mode, are you able to type anything?

Yes i can edit just not when i change to the source mode may just have to live with it

thanks

LWM

Yes i can edit just not when i change to the source mode may just have to live with it

That's very odd. I can't think of what might cause that. You could try sending an email to contact@geocaching.com and see if they can help. They could forward your email to the developers who may know what might be causing it.