Making a Map of the Caches I Own

thewingfamily

I have placed several caches (10) in a city forest. Seven of them are part of a puzzle series so they do not show up if I look at the map on the website for the area. I would like to make a map for myself to see where they are in the overall view of the forest. I have tried google maps, but it automatically puts the caches on the street rather than in the middle of the woods (even if I change the settings to walking/biking.) Does anyone know of a way? I would also like to be able to find the distances between the caches themselves without having to go and run each one separately through the distance calculator in relation to each other. Anyone have any suggestions?

TY.

I have tried google maps, but it automatically puts the caches on the street rather than in the middle of the woods (even if I change the settings to walking/biking.)

There will be a red Google_Maps_Marker.png at the closest street address to the coordinates, but there should also be a green arrow.png at the coordinates. The walking/biking setting is just for when you're getting directions between two locations.

It sounds like what you're looking for is Google Earth. You'd be able to view all 10 caches together, and it has a measuring tool so you can measure the distance between them.