Waypoint details

Although I can see waypoints downloaded along with general cache GPX files, I can't see any details about them, just the co ords. For example, some that I needed for a multi yesterday had some additional information attached to the waypoints which are easy to read on the PC however when out in the field using my GPSMAP 62s there doesn't appear to be a way of seeing the info? Unless I'm missing something. Can any one tell me if this is the norm or if I just haven't found the relevant buttons.

Thanks

It's the norm I'm afraid.....waypoints are just co-ordinates not 'attached' to a geocache.

They will possibly have the same code as the cache i.e. a cache GC12345 may have a PK12345 waypoint for the parking etc

You will have to stop navigating to the cache and go to the waypoint instead. WhereTo?>Waypoint>

... waypoints ... I can't see any details about them ... Can any one tell me if this is the norm or if I just haven't found the relevant buttons.

Yes, it's convoluted.

Find > Waypoints > (up/down) > Enter > Menu > Review Point

It will also show the same info when you pan the map, point the cursor at a waypoint, and press the Enter key.

However, once you already have a "goto" set for a waypoint, I do not know of a way to view it's details without going through one of the above steps from the start.

... waypoints ... I can't see any details about them ... Can any one tell me if this is the norm or if I just haven't found the relevant buttons.

Yes, it's convoluted.

Find > Waypoints > (up/down) > Enter > Menu > Review Point

It will also show the same info when you pan the map, point the cursor at a waypoint, and press the Enter key.

However, once you already have a "goto" set for a waypoint, I do not know of a way to view it's details without going through one of the above steps from the start.

Thanks, that seems to work. I seemed to be able to see the details after selecting goto aswell, but not sure if that is because I had already used Review Point?

Thanks for the tip.