night-cache search option?

Probably the easiest way would be to run a pocket query searching for attributes. When you set up the inquiry look for the "moon and stars" attribute which is "recommended at night", and the" flashlight" attribute which signifies flashlight required.

The flashlight attribute could result in caches that are hidden in such a way as to require additional illumination, not just at night.

You can exclude other attributes, or include other attributes, as you see fit.

When you go to the PQ page, the instructions are fairly simple, and there is even a short video you can watch on how to set up a query.

I found three in your general vicinity that have the flashlight icon, but none of them appear to be true night caches. I used a 10 mile radius, using one of your hides as the center. Here's what I came up with (one regular, two mystery):

GC2PD3Q

GC1M7C1

GC2PHQ9

The best way is do a pocket quiry with the "recommended at night" attribute checked. I tried one in your area, and the only ones I came up with for sure was GC396B5, GC3AXEA, GC2K9V2, and GCPT2G. There may be others, but it seems like a lot of people around there put the "recommended at night" attribute on their caches even if they aren't night caches.

Everyone seems to be forgetting that there's a night cache attribute: nightcache-yes.gif. I did a PQ for 100 miles (PQ default), centered on your first hide, having the night cache attribute, and found the following night caches within the 43 results:

GC2JTYM

GC396B5

GC3AXEA

GC2K9V2

GC2G533

GC37GJP

GC38GJH

GC3960A

GC1ZC3J

Plus more, I won't list them all. I also noticed that all of them are on at least one bookmark list of night caches. Once you find one, the bookmark lists will often lead you to others that may not have the night cache attribute.

Everyone seems to be forgetting that there's a night cache attribute: nightcache-yes.gif. I did a PQ for 100 miles (PQ default), centered on your first hide, having the night cache attribute, and found the following night caches within the 43 results:

GC2JTYM

GC396B5

GC3AXEA

GC2K9V2

GC2G533

GC37GJP

GC38GJH

GC3960A

GC1ZC3J

Plus more, I won't list them all. I also noticed that all of them are on at least one bookmark list of night caches. Once you find one, the bookmark lists will often lead you to others that may not have the night cache attribute.

And it really helps if COs use the attributes so others can find special caches.

Just a quick word if you're new to night caching.....geocaching is an activity which during the day appears suspicious but at night seems absolutely evil. As an older couple my wife and I "profile" very well and almost never cache at night....when we have, the majority of the time we've been questioned by the police.

Just a quick word if you're new to night caching.....geocaching is an activity which during the day appears suspicious but at night seems absolutely evil. As an older couple my wife and I "profile" very well and almost never cache at night....when we have, the majority of the time we've been questioned by the police.

I know what you mean I am a ginger cops always hassling me.

well i've definitely been night caching but never found a real night time cache.

thanks all for the replies helped alot!

I know what you mean I am a ginger cops always hassling me.

There is that term, "ginger" again (it seems to keep coming up). Would you mind defining it for me? Hair color?

There is that term, "ginger" again (it seems to keep coming up). Would you mind defining it for me? Hair color?

I was just thinking the same thing so I looked it up and found this.

I found this part particularly amusing

Being called a "Ginger" is an insult in England but laughable in the US.

The reason it's gotten so prevalent in the US is because there was a South Park episode centered around the term. Ever since then it's been used pretty heavily as a derogatory term for redheads. The local NHL team (Vancouver Canucks) has several redheads. In an interview after one game not that long ago, the redhead backup goalie was asked what he thought of themselves being referred to as "gingers". He made it pretty clear that they didn't like the term, and the broadcasters immediately told him they'd cease using the term entirely. On the other hand, I've heard a few redheads jokingly refer to themselves as gingers, so not everyone finds it to be an offensive term. To be on the safe side, though, it's probably a good idea to think of it as an insult.

The reason it's gotten so prevalent in the US is because there was a South Park episode centered around the term. Ever since then it's been used pretty heavily as a derogatory term for redheads. The local NHL team (Vancouver Canucks) has several redheads. In an interview after one game not that long ago, the redhead backup goalie was asked what he thought of themselves being referred to as "gingers". He made it pretty clear that they didn't like the term, and the broadcasters immediately told him they'd cease using the term entirely. On the other hand, I've heard a few redheads jokingly refer to themselves as gingers, so not everyone finds it to be an offensive term. To be on the safe side, though, it's probably a good idea to think of it as an insult.

Thanks for the education....this was a new one for me as well.