Team Fisur

2bugs

There are 100 Team FISUR geocoins in existence. The design has a Rhode Island flavor. The geocoin is intended as our signature item. It is not trackable.

We began placing them into caches on 10/19/2002.

They are among the first personal geocoins out there, coming after those by Moun10Bike (Version 1), DHOBBY1, Indy Diver, and waypoint15.

The Team FISUR geocoin has an interesting legal history as evidenced by this email from geocaching.com in 10/2002: "Dear Team Fisur, Just a quick note regarding your geocoin: I realize that we gave you permission to use the logo in your designated format on the 100 coins. Since that time, our trademark attorneys have informed us that we must not allow modifications of the logo in order to enforce it. Understanding that you have already printed these, and in all fairness, we will continue to allow you to use them as signature items, as planned. If you wish to print more in the future, we will require a design change for the logo usage. If you have not printed them and it is not too much trouble to change the logo, we'd really appreciate that too. Thank you and Happy Geocaching! Sincerely, Bryan"

It was a lot of fun passing these out over the years. Now we're down to five left, and those are staying in our private collection.

Hope this helps.

Team FISUR

Perfect, thanks FISUR. I have always valued this coin as one of my favorites. It is bittersweet to see these old friends go away. Seeing how happy the new owners are when they get one of our old coins makes it okay, especially when they really understand the history behind the coin. I will pass this along

There are 100 Team FISUR geocoins in existence. The design has a Rhode Island flavor. The geocoin is intended as our signature item. It is not trackable.

They are among the first personal geocoins out there, coming after those by Moun10Bike (Version 1), DHOBBY1, Indy Diver, and waypoint15.

The Team FISUR geocoin has an interesting legal history as evidenced by this email from geocaching.com in 10/2002: "Dear Team Fisur, Just a quick note regarding your geocoin: I realize that we gave you permission to use the logo in your designated format on the 100 coins. Since that time, our trademark attorneys have informed us that we must not allow modifications of the logo in order to enforce it. Understanding that you have already printed these, and in all fairness, we will continue to allow you to use them as signature items, as planned. If you wish to print more in the future, we will require a design change for the logo usage. If you have not printed them and it is not too much trouble to change the logo, we'd really appreciate that too. Thank you and Happy Geocaching! Sincerely, Bryan"

It was a lot of fun passing these out over the years. Now we're down to five left, and those are staying in our private collection.

Hope this helps.

Team FISUR

Perfect, thanks FISUR. I have always valued this coin as one of my favorites. It is bittersweet to see these old friends go away. Seeing how happy the new owners are when they get one of our old coins makes it okay, especially when they really understand the history behind the coin. I will pass this along

Hope this helps.

Team FISUR

We love learning the history of the "original" geocoins. We are lucky enough to have one of these in our collection and this adds immeasurably to the appreciation of this coin. Thanks for posting this info!

JoenSue

Funny I was just talking about this geocoin just a few minutes ago. Wanted to make sure I spelled the name correctly and this post showed up. LOL

I have had many an offer to trade, purchase etc for my Team Fisur coin. Some have searched very hard to find out who may still have one. I found mine back in 2002 and people have found me from my log back then, lol. Hmmm coming up on my 10 year anniversary of finding this coin :) thanks Team Fisur for a wonderful collectors item!! :D

Oh and the only thing I would trade this coin for is an inground swimming pool :o but even then I would have to think hard about giving it up! :P

RedShoesGirl:

Try: Rhode Island Geocaching. Click on the link for Geocoins and for Geo-Creations.

The page is not really live any more. My last update was in 2007.

When Yahoo stopped hosting the page, WebRing transferred it to its site (without my permission, but I'm glad they did). I no longer have the ability to manage the page, so it's basically historical.

Hope this helps.

FISUR

Edited by FISUR

RedShoesGirl:

Try: Rhode Island Geocaching. Click on the link for Geocoins and for Geo-Creations.

The page is not really live any more. My last update was in 2007.

When Yahoo stopped hosting the page, WebRing transferred it to its site (without my permission, but I'm glad they did). I no longer have the ability to manage the page, so it's basically historical.

Hope this helps.

FISUR

absolutely, that is what i was looking for. what's fun is to look at some of the signature items that were made. there are even two of mine on the southwest list. wish i had kept at least one of each of those. but i am pretty sure there is a key chain around here somewhere. i run into it every once in a while but then forget where i put it. it is a moving mystery.

thanks!