api pocket query submission

Volvo Man

It would be nice to have a way for outside applications to submit and manage pocket query definitions. I understand that the GC web interface is designed in a certain way to allow creation of a query, and I am not arguing with that.

What I am saying is that I have loads of PQs which are basically the same but for a single change, and they work together to generate a larger group of results ( just to get 15 miles out takes 10+ PQs adjusted by Date Placed). It gets very laborious changing the parameters for the whole group. There are three possible solutions I can see for this, two of which get flogged to death every few months on this forum:

1: Allowing the combination of PQs into a single super PQ (ie allow option to choose option of 5x1000, or 1x5000 per day) this could also be achieved by changing the PQ limits from number of queries to number of results per day (ie 5000) kinda like the way the API has been set up (flogged to death in the past)

2: Increase PQ result limits to reflect current cache density (this one really gets flogged to death)

3: Include API method to submit PQ definitions from a remote source, there are several ways to do this, I think the easiest would be to allow the submission of a formatted text file utilizing an agreed protocol. This could then be managed and created by offline programs, leaving the programming work to authors of outside software.