Wherigo

hiking_man

If anyone has any info on Wherigo caches can they email me and help me get started? I saw this was a new thing and has got me very curious. I dont knwo if i can play them on my windows or have the right GPS enabled device. Thx.

hiking.man@hotmail.com

hiking_man geocache user name.

To play them:

You need one of the following: Garmin Colorado/Oregon, iPhone, Android device, or a Java-capable phone. Or if you have an old Pocket PC with a Bluetooth GPSr... Look at my signature line for the list of third-party Wherigo Players, which can be run on cell phones. Your red Magellan does not have a Wherigo Player option. I don't know what cell phone you use.

To find what is closest to you:

Pocket query.

But since I'm never that brief, you can also look for all Wherigo cartridges in Michigan on the Wherigo site by selecting Michigan from the right side section titled "Cartridge Search". You could also display all caches on the geocaching.com map and filter out everything but the Wherigo cache type.

---

Please continue to post in this thread for help getting set up. You can be notified of replies (so you don't have to keep checking back here) by clicking the "Watch Topic" button above and to the right of your first post. However, please keep in mind the more information you give, the more effective help we can provide.

Excellent. Look in the Android's marketplace for an app called "WhereYouGo". This is Android's Wherigo Player. I have a 60CSx, too, and have traveled around 1.5 light-seconds on its odometer. Good GPSr.

There's also another thread, downloading cartridges on android "Whereyougo" app, you will find beneficial to read if you would like to load Wherigo cartridges on the fly. The main thread concerning WhereYouGo, linked in my signature line, is Wherigo has come to Android. You can also dig up a lot of other information regarding WhereYouGo by searching the Wherigo forum for that name.

The last I heard of WhereYouGo is the author released some of the code as open source. To my knowledge, the person who developed WhereYouGo is taking some time off because the project was consuming too much time.

To play them:

You need one of the following: Garmin Colorado/Oregon, iPhone, Android device, or a Java-capable phone. Or if you have an old Pocket PC with a Bluetooth GPSr... Look at my signature line for the list of third-party Wherigo Players, which can be run on cell phones. Your red Magellan does not have a Wherigo Player option. I don't know what cell phone you use.

Pocket query.

But since I'm never that brief, you can also look for all Wherigo cartridges in Michigan on the Wherigo site by selecting Michigan from the right side section titled "Cartridge Search". You could also display all caches on the geocaching.com map and filter out everything but the Wherigo cache type.

---

Please continue to post in this thread for help getting set up. You can be notified of replies (so you don't have to keep checking back here) by clicking the "Watch Topic" button above and to the right of your first post. However, please keep in mind the more information you give, the more effective help we can provide.

Here is a link to ALL of the Wherigos in Michigan: http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=0c3ba8c7-e003-4111-b910-36198a29d7f4

126 to date and none have ever been archived in Michigan!

To play them:

Pocket query.

---

Here is a link to ALL of the Wherigos in Michigan: http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=0c3ba8c7-e003-4111-b910-36198a29d7f4

126 to date and none have ever been archived in Michigan!

Ohh rah!