How do I get my TB back into my inventory?

hidenseek581

I found a TB in a cache today, CG3MR6Q, and when I went to log the TB, it did not show in the cache's inventory. I tried to grab the TB to put into my inventory, and credit it with mileage, the only options I see are "write note" OR "discovered it". I do not see the option to grab from either this cache, or from another cache. I have tried both writing a note, and discovering, but neither credits mileage,nor puts it in past inventory for the cache. FYI - the past three notes for this TB are a discovered it (from a different cache), before that somebody posted a note that they didn't see it in another cache, and before that somebody placed it in a cache which has been deactivated. How do I grab this TB and help it gain mileage?

Can you post the reference code for the TB in question? On it's page, there's a line that says "Use TB_____ to reference this item." Only ever use this TB code in public places, never the code on the physical trackable.

Being able to see the TB will make it easier to see what the problem might be, but I have a theory. For trackables that are in my collection, the only options for someone to log on them are discover and note, just like you're seeing. Maybe the owner moved this TB into their collection at some point, then later released it into the wild without removing it from their collection. If this is the case, a message to the TB owner to move it out of their collection could sort it out.

This is a bit of a puzzler, isn't it?

Once you have retrieved a trackable from a cache correctly and it's showing as "in your hands", waiting to be dropped off in another cache, then the only log options you see in the drop-down logtype are 'Write Note' and 'Discovered it'.

But it should be showing in your inventory... :unsure:

Suggestion: Go to any cache page, Click 'Log your visit'... Underneath the Comments box you should see the box "Dropped off any trackables?" Are there any items showing there at all?

MrsB

"Confused of Wales"

I don't know if I made things more confusing, but after finding the TB, I first tried first writing a note, and then discovering it in the cache, hoping that I would enable the TB to show mileage, but after checking for mileage, and it neither showed mileage on the TB's page, nor gave the option of grabbing after the write note, on the TB page, I deleted those 2 entries and sought help.

Suggestion: Go to any cache page, Click 'Log your visit'... Underneath the Comments box you should see the box "Dropped off any trackables?" Are there any items showing there at all?

I just tried this, and when I go to a random cache and try to drop this TB, I do have the option to do it. So, the TB is in my inventory, but I just can't log it as "grabbed" from the original cache. I have sent a message to the TB owner asking if it is in his collection, and have yet to hear back (although, I only sent the message 5 min. ago!!)

If it's not in your inventory yet listed in your hands, are you able to mark it as missing?

Then, Grab it, and Visit it to cache where you found it?

- - - - - -

EDIT to add: Just saw your most recent post. Write Note at cache you found it at and Visit the TB?

Edited by gtsally

I just tried this, and when I go to a random cache and try to drop this TB, I do have the option to do it. So, the TB is in my inventory, but I just can't log it as "grabbed" from the original cache. I have sent a message to the TB owner asking if it is in his collection, and have yet to hear back (although, I only sent the message 5 min. ago!!)

OK, so it is showing in the "Dropped off any trackables?" box...

I suggest you go back to the cache page where you actually found it, write a Note log "Correcting TB mileage", select the 'visit' option for the TB, and submit the log.

Doing this will give it the mileage and show that it was at that cache. Then it will be back in your inventory (hopefully showing up correctly!) so that you'll be able to drop it off in another cache when necessary.

MrsB :)