How do I or can I retrieve a deleted log entry

T!mberwolf

Don't ask how or why, but I deleted a log entry for a trackable that I dropped into a cache. The trackable correctly shows in the inventory of the new cache; however, my dropped log entry does not show since I deleted it. I want to re-enter the log entry with my photos. Is there a way to retrieve a deleted log? I notice when a log is deleted a note comes up that says "archived". Can I retrieve my archived log entry. Unfortunately, I did not keep the tracking# for the trackable once I dropped it in this new cache (and it is too far of a trek for me to retrieve the tracking# myself). I have contacted the owner to see if they will provide it to me, but I want a faster solution before the trackable is picked up by the next person. Thanks.

Neither the trackable owner, the log owner nor a volunteer cache reviewer have the ability to restore a deleted log on a trackable.

Thanks, that what I figured, but I just thought I ask in case I was mistaken. The "archived" comment gave me a very small hope that somehow it might be possible.

Just write a Note log for the trackable. The tracking number is not needed for a Note log.

This is what I chose to do. I was not sure if I could upload photos with a note on a trackable, but I see I can. I guess the only issue with the note is that the mileage from the last cache to this cache does not show.

A little 'Trick of the Trade' is to ALWAYS hold onto a tracking # until you are dead-positive it is logged properly, and you are done with it!

Remember, and move on......

For the 1st couple of trackables I picked up I kept a photo with the tracking # and one with the # removed for online posting. Then I got a little lazy feeling I would never need to hold on to the #... until today. I just wasn't thinking when I deleted the log. It was an avoidable mistake. Will be more careful in the future. Lesson learned.

A little 'Trick of the Trade' is to ALWAYS hold onto a tracking # until you are dead-positive it is logged properly, and you are done with it!

Remember, and move on......

If you remember the first one or two letters of the tracking #, and your browser is set up to do so, it will show you the last few entries that match if you start typing them in to the box.

Neither the trackable owner, the log owner nor a volunteer cache reviewer have the ability to restore a deleted log on a trackable.

This is mostly correct.

Except a volunteer cache reviewer CAN restore a deleted log on a trackable PROVIDED s/he is given the direct URL to the deleted log. There is no way, even for a volunteer, to search for a deleted log on trackables.

So if you still have the original email with the URL to the log, you could forward that to your friendly neighborhood reviewer, and s/he could restore it.