paperless

jmiddleton

So I purchased the Garmin Dakota 10. It is supposed to be able to convert the coordinates automatically when I connect and click on download to GPS. When I do so- nothing happens. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help.

Convert the coordinates? Convert to what? The GPSr reads the coordinates as given and directs you to that spot (area).

As a Premium Member you have access to Pocket Queries (PQ). Each PQ can load any number of caches up to 1,000 each, five times daily. Your unit reads them without any 'conversion'.

Read and follow the tutorial in this link: http://www.markwell.us/pq.htm

HINT: You can play around with it a lot, if you leave the 'date to run' blank. You can view the results of that submitted PQ to see what all it gives you -- it does not count as a part of the 5/day. After submitting, just review the results from near the top of that page (in red, i think). Once you decide to submit it to receive the results for downloading, simply return to that page, check the day to run and [submit].

Good luck and have fun. More questions, well.... you can bet, somebody here can answer them. Welcome to the obsession.

So I purchased the Garmin Dakota 10. It is supposed to be able to convert the coordinates automatically when I connect and click on download to GPS. When I do so- nothing happens. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help.

You need a special program running on your computer to make this happen. I think it's called 'Garmin Communicator' or something like that. Try looking for it at the Garmin website.