Montana newbie

How do I get a PQ on my Montana? I have downloaded GSAK but I have no idea how to use it. Is there a good webiste/vlog that explains/shows how to use it? One more thing... I bought the road maps but I can't figure out how to use them.

Edited by TheRoadWife

How do I get a PQ on my Montana? I have downloaded GSAK but I have no idea how to use it. Is there a good webiste/vlog that explains/shows how to use it? One more thing... I bought the road maps but I can't figure out how to use them.

The GSAK Forum is a very good source for help and information. The people there are very patient and understanding when it comes to helping newbies.

To download from GSAK to the Montana I highly recommend the GSAK Macro "Universal Garmin Download". This is available from the Macros Index.

The paid membership of GSAK is more than well worth its' cost.

If you ask your questions on the GSAK Forum you will be amazed at the amount, and quality, of help you get.

Good luck from Montana owner who is also a very frequent GSAK user.

Jim

You don't need GSAK. Just drag and drop the GPX file to the GPX folder on the Montana.

True, but by using GSAK and the macro I am able to have all the information I want presented on the Montana where I want it e.g. added to 1st log.

Jim

I don't use GSAK either. I get all the info I need without it. Why add more complexity for a newbie? I would suggest download the PQ and learn to use the unit then when feeling comfortable try using GSAK.

I download the PQ to my computer and extract the zipped files. Then drag and drop (or copy and paste) the gpx files to the gpx folder on the montana. Simple to do.