Little Free Library in Eldo-first timer question

fulofhope

I went on my first geocaching adventure today, with my husband and daughter. We found the Little Free Library (very cool) and exchanged a book. But we couldn't find a log! Anyone know if we did or didn't find the actual cache? TY!

Is it Little Free Library - Scaramento, GC37P6A? The last finder mentioned there was no logbook and that the owner was going to put one in. Perhaps he forgot. Looks like it is in his front yard. If that fits you probably found the cache.

Welcome to the geocaching obsession!

Was it this cache in El Dorado, Arkansas? GC3MC39

It sounds like a cool cache. It's hard to tell what the container might be. Sometimes libraries have caches hidden inside a fake book (with the knowledge/permission of the library), but it could be a small container (anything from film can size down to the size of your fingernail) located somewhere inside/outside the library. If you didn't find a container of some sort with a log inside, then technically you haven't yet found the cache (although you could certainly have touched it at some point while you were there). Micro-sized caches can be tough to find (regular size is a lot easier).

One option is to e-mail the cache owner, describe what you found, and ask them for a hint. Some cache owners don't check their e-mail very often, but others will respond right off the bat.

Good luck and have fun caching!

TY! Yes, the one in El Dorado, AR. It is a very cool cache. We will go back and look again. I don't think it was in a fake book-I checked all the books in there. :)

Welcome to the geocaching obsession!

Was it this cache in El Dorado, Arkansas? GC3MC39

It sounds like a cool cache. It's hard to tell what the container might be. Sometimes libraries have caches hidden inside a fake book (with the knowledge/permission of the library), but it could be a small container (anything from film can size down to the size of your fingernail) located somewhere inside/outside the library. If you didn't find a container of some sort with a log inside, then technically you haven't yet found the cache (although you could certainly have touched it at some point while you were there). Micro-sized caches can be tough to find (regular size is a lot easier).

One option is to e-mail the cache owner, describe what you found, and ask them for a hint. Some cache owners don't check their e-mail very often, but others will respond right off the bat.

Good luck and have fun caching!