looking for some one to help me find one i cant find

secound time didnt find it have looked every where in the aley at night

went back again today 6/3/12 have ben there 5 or more times still cant find it i think it may be missing i have looked every where from the street to the army store i have look in thing on top of thing under thing behind thing evey where posable and it is no where to be found unless its on top of a building or in one

if some one can show me where it is or tell me please send a message i realy want to find this one

i have tryed contacting the owner with no responce i tryed again today i have looked every where and spent at least 10 30 mins looking please help i am new i have only found about 8 or so but cant find this one the link is below to the one i am talking about

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=766e390f-0703-4d7b-9451-3a1c8bc50683

It's a micro, so perhaps you have not seen anything as small as this container used yet?

Contacting the owner is a good first step, too bad they are not replying. You don't say how long you have waited for a reply; not everyone reads all their email every day, and it is a weekend. You might also scroll back through older logs to see if there are any hints there.

But if they don't get back to you in a few days you can try contacting 2-3 of the recent finders also. Don't ask for the hide on a silver platter, just a hint to get you closer.

You might also look at shop.Groundspeak.com or some other vendor sites to get an idea of what micro and evil hide containers look like.

Keep looking as long as you are having fun with it, and when it stops being fun, go look for another one and come back to this one later.

Edited by wimseyguy

Wimseyguy has given great advise. Also nice to see no one climbing all over the OP lecturing about bad form for asking for help. Use the advise given here and the clues on the cache page/gallery. There is a spoiler there, just have to recognize it and then you'll have a better idea of what to look for and where.

if some one can show me where it is or tell me please send a message i realy want to find this one

i have tryed contacting the owner with no responce i tryed again today

When you post logs, are you getting a copy in your email? If not, a Cache Owner's PM will also not arrive. Just asking, because some email ends up in Spam folders.

On the cache page, view Google Map, and Bing Map, in satellite view and bird's eye view. Look at where the icon is. As mentioned, it could be a super-tiny container, it's a Micro.

Part of the game is knowing which caches to not go hunt. Some you'll enjoy, some you'll not enjoy. I'd avoid it due to it being a Micro in a parking lot, with a "cache description" that's mostly a basic philosphy of cache hides, and no hint (while saying it's "easy"). But it has seven Favorites, so what do I know. :anicute:

Edited by kunarion

I'm not sure which I think to be the lowest. Posting a spoiler picture or pointing it out in the forums.

Come on, the OP is new to the game and just looking for a pointer. The spoiler is clearly on the listing and the CO would surely have removed it if they had a problem with it. Its hardly a challenging puzzle or totally original container. I'm sure you would have looked at the spoiler if you had a problem with finding the cache.

i have tryed every thing here i know what a micro looks like i have seen the pic and i am preaty shure its just a peace of paper i have loooked every where near and far around the spot when i asked some they they sayed look high about arms length near a wall i have look behind all the things on top of them and cant find it i know it was last found on may 30th i think so i am figuring its still there but might not be i dont know where eles to look also evey know it sayes its a easy find other have sayed it was a hard find

Edited by KBlack2595

i dont know where eles to look also evey know it sayes its a easy find other have sayed it was a hard find

Finding caches becomes easier with experience. Just remember, you don't have to find every cache that's out there. I completely missed this type of hide the first time I came across it. Several weeks later, I came across an easier version and made the find. The same thing likely will happen to you. Then you'll realize where this particular cache probably is located, and you can return to find it.

i have tryed every thing here i know what a micro looks like i have seen the pic and i am preaty shure its just a peace of paper i have loooked every where near and far around the spot when i asked some they they sayed look high about arms length near a wall i have look behind all the things on top of them and cant find it i know it was last found on may 30th i think so i am figuring its still there but might not be i dont know where eles to look also evey know it sayes its a easy find other have sayed it was a hard find

You should take a break from that one, and go find others. You'll see more hide styles, and maybe even an easier version of this one. Then come back and shout "DOH", it's right there, an easy kind you've seen before. There's no urgent need to find this one right away.

There's one about a mile from my house, an impossible Micro I haven't found after 3 years. I drive past it twice a day on my commute. The CO was no help, and a couple of cacher friends told me conflicting places it's hidden in. So I've put it on the bottom of the pile and don't hunt it anymore. I frown at it as I drive past.

Edited by kunarion

There should always be some that are tough or the game would get boring.

Go find some others. Come back to this one next year. It will be easier with more experience.

Go hunt some others. You will come across more that you can't find too. Just move on to the next one. Don't worry about it.

Legochugglers is right...One of the pictures in the gallery is a spoiler. I know posting spoiler pics is considered bad form but in your case (since you are new and might not know what you're looking for, exactly), I'd take advantage of it. Look very carefully at the pictures in the gallery....most experienced cachers will spot the spoiler right away, I think you can spot it too if you think about it with a critical eye.

Good luck, let us know when you find it!

I am STILL new enough to remember the "sting" of seeing other people find something I had made several attempts at. You would not recognize that type of hide if you had not seen it before. Everyone has to learn. Or have some help.

I am in Oklahoma, so I have obviously NOT found that particular cache. I have, however, sent you an e-mail with some extra tips.

I hope you have better luck your next trip to find it!!!!:D

Different people geocache for different reasons. One of the reasons I enjoy this activity is experiencing that EUREKA! moment when I find a cleverly hidden container. I don't ask cache owners or friends (or forum members) for hints, because I would be depriving myself of that pleasure. Your mileage might vary, though.

I'm not sure which I think to be the lowest. Posting a spoiler picture or pointing it out in the forums.

Come on, the OP is new to the game and just looking for a pointer. The spoiler is clearly on the listing and the CO would surely have removed it if they had a problem with it. Its hardly a challenging puzzle or totally original container. I'm sure you would have looked at the spoiler if you had a problem with finding the cache.

FWIW, most COs don't know that there are spoiler pics on their caches because the website doesn't notify us when a photo is attached. Even less know that they can now delete spoilers pics without deleting the log.

That said, any cachers in Orange County, CA who's day was ruined by the announcement of a spoiler pic, raise your hand. Yeah, I didn't think so.

I can remember the frustration of having to give up on a cache. Sometimes you do have to - it's entirely possible the cache has been muggled. I usually mark those to watch, so I can get email notices if someone else finds or doesn't find it. WrongTurnRick and I have had at least three 'white whales' that we abandoned and went back for at another time - and FOUND THEM! OK - the frustration is a bummer, but the rush to go back after your subconscious has had a chance to work on the problem and find that you have resolved it is HUGE!!! There was one we were sure was gone, but we both felt if it was there, it was near a fire hydrant at ground zero. Next time we were there, WrongTurn spotted it right away, and we had spent over an hour looking at it the first time. Right now, we have 2 on our list that we know are there (one is by a cache owner in our area who is notorious for tough hides, and he's confirmed that we missed it - the other is on a bridge over the Ohio River, and has been a thorn in the side of geocachers from miles away). Give it a little time, trust your subconscious to work on it and the answer will rise to the surface at some point! And you'll be so thrilled when it does! Those have been some of our most satisfying finds!

I can remember the frustration of having to give up on a cache. Sometimes you do have to - it's entirely possible the cache has been muggled. I usually mark those to watch, so I can get email notices if someone else finds or doesn't find it. WrongTurnRick and I have had at least three 'white whales' that we abandoned and went back for at another time - and FOUND THEM! OK - the frustration is a bummer, but the rush to go back after your subconscious has had a chance to work on the problem and find that you have resolved it is HUGE!!! There was one we were sure was gone, but we both felt if it was there, it was near a fire hydrant at ground zero. Next time we were there, WrongTurn spotted it right away, and we had spent over an hour looking at it the first time. Right now, we have 2 on our list that we know are there (one is by a cache owner in our area who is notorious for tough hides, and he's confirmed that we missed it - the other is on a bridge over the Ohio River, and has been a thorn in the side of geocachers from miles away). Give it a little time, trust your subconscious to work on it and the answer will rise to the surface at some point! And you'll be so thrilled when it does! Those have been some of our most satisfying finds!

Absolutely. To me, the most satisfying finds are those that I've searched for without finding it then came back (in one case, six times) before finally finding it.

Different people geocache for different reasons. One of the reasons I enjoy this activity is experiencing that EUREKA! moment when I find a cleverly hidden container. I don't ask cache owners or friends (or forum members) for hints, because I would be depriving myself of that pleasure. Your mileage might vary, though.

+1. Some of my most memorable caches are the ones I had to go back for several times. Now those are becoming few and far between. To the OP: I usually put a watch on caches I have looked for several times, then go looking again after someone finds it. There's always the possibility that it has gone missing.

I"m pretty sure the lowest would be saying something rude to a newbie when it would be just as easy to say nothing at all or, you know, be helpful. :)

I don't think there was a newbie involved in that exchange.