Garmin 62s will not show geocaches

When turning on my 62 s today, all geocaches was gone. They where loaded on a SD-card. I could find them when connecting the 62s to the PC, but the 62s just says that it has no geocaches and reccomends that i download some...

I've deleted them all (and the maps,...)

Reinnstalled maps, updated software, tried to download with and without the SD-card.

There was about 2000 of them, but even when i download 500 they will still not show...

Suggestions anyone?

(I've been satisfied with the 62s so far, but this is a major setback!!)

How far away is the closest. There is a distance limit before it will show.

About 1k, but i think that is irrelevant. When i go to the GC ikon, the GPS does not show the map at all, it just gives a message that says that it can not find any GCs... Then the only option is to confirm (OK).

I'm experiencing the same problem <_<.

Deleted previous pocket query files on GPS and SD card.

Downloaded pocket query in zipped format, unzipped/extracted files, and copied them to GPS but the caches don't show on GPS. Tried copying them to SD card (inserted in GPS) with same result, no caches.

The .gpx files show on the SD card and on the drive for the GPS, but not the 62s itself. Same message: no caches found, download from Garmin.

This has not been an issue on previous pocket queries on my 62s following the same process. Either I'm overlooking something or something else has changed. This is a nearest cache query, including unfound caches within a mile of my home.

I have also tried restarting and reconnecting the GPS a number of times without success, taking out the batteries and SD card, reinserting, etc.

The only workaround is uploading individual .gpx files with the "Send to my GPS" function.

If it matters, my City Navigator maps still display (saved on my SD card).

Your description is just like mine.

Well, it looks as we are both in the s***...., unless someone has an answer to this problem.

Loading one by one is NOT a solution, it's more like "loading" salt in the wound.

Everything else, including loaded maps works fine as far as i can see. The GC statistics even shows how many I have found.

I'm planning a trip to the shop who sold me the 62s.

Edited by Eiksveien

Your GPS is seeing the GPX files as already been loaded and ignoring them during startup. You need to remove all geocache GPX files from the internal memory and remove the SD memory if any GPX files are on it. Now the important steep, boot up the GPS with NO cache GPX files. All non-accessible internal memory geocache data has been cleaned out. Turn the GPS off and connect to your computer. Replace the GPX files. Any GPX files added to the GPS are recognized as new and will load. I recommend you keep your GPX files on the external memory. That way you can restore the geocaches while out in the field without a computer. Just remove the memory, startup GPS, turn off GPS, replace memory, startup GPS and all caches are back.

When you click "Find" do you see a geocaches icon as a choice?

If not, the unit is indeed not recognizing any GPX files with geocaches.

If you do get the icon, but the list is blank, then the unit is finding geocaches, but they are too far away to display.

Eiksveien, I finally got mine to work. I tried to carefully follow the step-by-step instructions in sequence as provided by Cacheoholic, Red90, and Lil Devil multiple times, but still had the "no geocaches" message in spite of re-setting to factory defaults and no memory of any geocaches, waypoints, or tracks listed on the GPS when turning it on and off.

However, when I went into my GPX folder with my GPS connected to my computer, I noticed that three sub-folders appeared as normal. I'd checked the GPX folder contents and the sub-folders titled "Current" and "Nav" and all were empty. However, I was surprised to find the GPX sub-folder titled "Archived" still had some .gpx files in it, ones I hadn't seen previously. After deleting those, I went through the whole process one more time, including creating a a new pocket query to download and unzip/extract to my GPS. This time it worked. I'm not sure if this will help you or not, but I thought it couldn't hurt.

i'm glad to hear that it worked out for you.

My patience ran out and i went back to the shop who sold it to me. They wil try to fix it, and if they fail, i'll demand a new one,

This means that i am presently at the mercy of friends when it comes to detailed GC-ing. B) My I-phone can solve some of the problem, but it has absolutely lousy battery capcity and is quite expensive abroad. :wacko:

Your GPS is seeing the GPX files as already been loaded and ignoring them during startup. You need to remove all geocache GPX files from the internal memory and remove the SD memory if any GPX files are on it. Now the important steep, boot up the GPS with NO cache GPX files. All non-accessible internal memory geocache data has been cleaned out. Turn the GPS off and connect to your computer. Replace the GPX files. Any GPX files added to the GPS are recognized as new and will load. I recommend you keep your GPX files on the external memory. That way you can restore the geocaches while out in the field without a computer. Just remove the memory, startup GPS, turn off GPS, replace memory, startup GPS and all caches are back.

These are the steps that worked for me. I moved the GPX files to my SD card (never noticing where they were in the first place.) Removed card, powered up then down, returned sd card. Voila.

What a PITA.

Thanks, years after your original post.

I see that these are older posts but the problem finally happened to me.  I had just downloaded the updates for my Garmin 62, ran pocket queries for an upcoming trip to the UK, maps from Birdseye and checked everything over in Base Camp.  All was where it should be including all the extra Waypoints I entered for my trip.  Ejected the GPS from the computer and did a final check on the GPS.  My Waypoints were there but no geocaches.  I did this a few times with no luck.  When all else fails, Google it!  Now I'm here. 

I down loaded the Pocket queries into GSAK and then uploaded them to the GPS and that solved my problem, this time.

When I get back from holidays, I'll have to check this problem out further.  As for now, it is working and will do me for a couple of weeks.  The files should be easily transferred from the Pocket Query results by drag and drop.  It has always worked in the past.  So, have to do some servicing on this unit when I get back.

Assuming it's the same situation I have... 

Geocaches do not show up, either on the list, OR on the map (distance irrelevant)

Caches are PQ GPX files (5x1000, which is my norm, and the max for this unit) copied to the SD card directly from a computer. 

--- 

I have this happen often enough that I have a screen cap on my phone of how to fix the issue. 

Reset the settings to factory default. (this will set most things to default, But won't change user data / maps / etc saved to the SD card)

Turn the device off

Press and hold "Page" and "Enter" 

Press and release the power button

Wait for the unit to prompt to restore to factory default

Release  "Page" and "Enter"

Select "Yes", press "Enter"