100th Find Ideas

Hi All,

I've been caching for over almost 2 years now and i'm coming up on my 100th find. I was curious if anyone had any good recommendations for great geocaches for Milestones (100, 500, 1000, etc...).

For my 100th, i'm interested mostly in one that is in Maryland. However, i would love ideas for other great caches so i can plan my next milestones far in advance.

My ideal milestone cache has the followingL

a) A good trek/hike through some great scenery. I don't want a quick C & D, it's got to be worth it.

B) Easy to find once at GZ. Wouldn't want to get to it after an enormous hike for nothing.

c) A fun one to take a group on as i'm going to try and bring some friends along who haven't cached before.

d) A good candidate for CITO.

Thanks all,

Skinnyfrenchman

Congrats on number 100. I still remember when that was something that couldn't be done in a day, toook me a couple of years. For my 100th I was at an event and got a sugestion from those there so I went and got it. The cachers at the event got there ahead of me and left special swag just for me, so it made it very special. :D

Hi All,

I've been caching for over almost 2 years now and i'm coming up on my 100th find. I was curious if anyone had any good recommendations for great geocaches for Milestones (100, 500, 1000, etc...).

For my 100th, i'm interested mostly in one that is in Maryland. However, i would love ideas for other great caches so i can plan my next milestones far in advance.

My ideal milestone cache has the followingL

a) A good trek/hike through some great scenery. I don't want a quick C & D, it's got to be worth it.

B) Easy to find once at GZ. Wouldn't want to get to it after an enormous hike for nothing.

c) A fun one to take a group on as i'm going to try and bring some friends along who haven't cached before.

d) A good candidate for CITO.

Thanks all,

Skinnyfrenchman

Well, it's a little far from you, but GC1ED is probably the biggest milestone cache in my neck of the woods.

We found a cache near Cumberland, Maryland, a few years ago that we really liked; a pretty but not terribly strenuous hike in the woods, a fairly easy find with a scenic view nearby, and a big ammo box at the final. It's still there and still popular. It's one of the Cache Across Maryland series, this one is GC19X3Y, "Haystack Mountain." Cumberland is a pretty area and you could check out other caches nearby if you do Haystack. We haven't done any other caches in the CAM series, since we cache mostly in Virginia, but I would think all the CAM caches would be interesting.

Pick wisely, grasshopper. I just logged my 100th cache. We found 20 caches in one day, and I miscalculated. Thought my 100th was going to be this awesome bridge cache with a totally unique container. When I got home and was logging, I realized it was a Walmart LPC. :blink: I could have just logged them in a different order, but I would have known.