In-App Map Options?

spoofini

Is there an option to change from Google Maps to a different kind of map (like MapQuest) that would allow for saving map tiles for use offline? I have a great phone, but a not so great data plan as an avid cacher. I specifically use the Geocaching App for Android.

Is there an option to change from Google Maps to a different kind of map (like MapQuest) that would allow for saving map tiles for use offline? I have a great phone, but a not so great data plan as an avid cacher. I specifically use the Geocaching App for Android.

I don't know about the Android app, but the iPhone app allows you to save OpenStreetMap tiles for offline use.

Not sure about the app thing for android. I use c.geo and that gives you different maps. Lets see, it gives you:

Google, Map

Google, Satellite,

OSM: mapnik

OSM: Cyclemap

OSM: offline. (this is grayed out on my phone)

Don't know if this will help ya. This app is free. Try it and see how it works for ya.

Not sure about the app thing for android. I use c.geo and that gives you different maps. Lets see, it gives you:

Google, Map

Google, Satellite,

OSM: mapnik

OSM: Cyclemap

OSM: offline. (this is grayed out on my phone)

Don't know if this will help ya. This app is free. Try it and see how it works for ya.

This is grayed out because you need to download the map files and put them on the device first, then point the app to the file location. This is used for offline mapping use.