caches OUT of eTrex 20?

I geocache with both my Android gc.com app and my Garmin eTrex 20. The annoying thing about my android is it sux in the day/sunlight. The annoying thing about my my Garmin is I have not found a way to extract my recent (or even old) finds out so that I can enter them as found at g-c.com So I tend to actually use the phone for map/routing to the cache when in vehicle, use the Garmin while on foot hunting, then either use my cap as best as possible to get dark enough to use the 'droid to make a log of find or do so when back at truck.

How can I make my Garmin more useful? The answer likely lies in understanding Basecamp but in this day and age of not including instructions with software anymore I haven't found out how to sync FROM the Garmin only add TO the Garmin from Basecamp much less how to pull a list of finds from Basecamp if there was a way to sync them.

Thanks,

Rob.

Assuming I understand your questions....

After caching and finding them for the day, hook up your 20 to your computer (PC? Mac?) and open your profile page in gc. Scroll down to "Access Your Field Notes" on the right side and follow the instructions there. That should load the caches you marked found in your 20 into the gc site and you can log from there. That works quite well.

Second way, and the one I use almost exclusively, is to "publish logs" in GSAK. If you have a PC and use GSAK you can do a ton of stuff. If you use a Mac I really don't know.

I don't use Basecamp so can't say how you might be able to log found caches from it. Having said that, I recall that when you have your 20 plugged in that geocaches should show up. Someone else will have to answer how to log via Basecamp. But I really don't see any reason to. I could be missing something of course.

Keep the faith, your 20 will do what you want and you can stop risking your phone to caching activities.