Send to my GPS

MotteGray

Hello,

We have just bought a GPS (Garmin 62) and we are trying to send the geocache information to the GPS but it is coming up with an error saying "Garmin Communicator Plugin NOT detected". I have clicked on the link to download it but it doesnt seem to be working. Can anybody help? Please :)

Many Thanks

Mottegray

We have just bought a GPS (Garmin 62) and we are trying to send the geocache information to the GPS but it is coming up with an error saying "Garmin Communicator Plugin NOT detected". I have clicked on the link to download it but it doesnt seem to be working.

Can you elaborate on this? What happens when you click on the link to download Garmin Communicator? What browser are you using?

We have just bought a GPS (Garmin 62) and we are trying to send the geocache information to the GPS but it is coming up with an error saying "Garmin Communicator Plugin NOT detected". I have clicked on the link to download it but it doesnt seem to be working.

Can you elaborate on this? What happens when you click on the link to download Garmin Communicator? What browser are you using?

It opens the webpage and I press on the button to download but nothing happens (it just seems to load and then freeze), we are using windows explorer.

I have the same problem with my Garmin 62. I've been using the GPX files, but it's annoying that the "send to GPS" link won't work for me. MAC... new...

It's a know issue with the latest Garmin Communicator and Mac. If you search the forum there are some older versions of the software which works.

We got ours figured out! I grabbed the wrong USB cord. How lame can you be??? We called garmin for support. They were awesome. It was one of the things they said to check. I checked my "bag-o-cord" and the Garmin one was in there.

Hope this helps someone out there!

Can somebody point me to the Mac version that works? I have a GPSMAP 60sc coming in the mail and I'm on a Mac and would really prefer to use the Mac instead of VMWare Fusion/Windows if at all possible. Are we sure that the current version doesn't work on Macs at all, or perhaps is it just on some Macs? I guess I'll find out, but if doesn't work I'd like to get the older version.

Never mind - I found the link to a beta version that apparently works in this thread: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=289137&st=0&p=5063979&hl=garmin%20communicator%20mac&fromsearch=1entry5063979

Or does the new 4.0.3 version fix this problem? I will try it first.

Edited by crunc