Bribing US To Transfer Our Caches To A Competing Site

I could be wrong, but I think they did get cache owner notification of finds after about a year.

You are correct, some of my listings have been logged, mostly armchaired, but some real ink on the log finds.

I knew that site was populated mostly by people who have been banished from GC.com. What happens if that site bans you? They make you come here where there are only almost 2 million caches to choose from? Bad boy, go away, we shall punish you by making you play on geocaching.com.

I have been banned a few times on that site, and I'm quite sure that Trailtick hates me still hanging around. I do list geocaches there, some are GC.com rejects and converted Waymarks. I like virtual listings, and Challanges are just not working for me here, but that has not stopped me from listing them here. But where I play? It is here on Geocaching.com, I'm a PM here. I get my PQ's here and this is the site I use for geocaching. I won't lie, at first I had hopes for the other site. I've made friends at Garmin, some nice people work there. I just enjoy geocaching, and according to your profile we drink the same brand of beer and have similar interests.

I have been banned a few times on that site, and I'm quite sure that Trailtick hates me still hanging around. I do list geocaches there, some are GC.com rejects and converted Waymarks. I like virtual listings, and Challanges are just not working for me here, but that has not stopped me from listing them here. But where I play? It is here on Geocaching.com, I'm a PM here. I get my PQ's here and this is the site I use for geocaching. I won't lie, at first I had hopes for the other site. I've made friends at Garmin, some nice people work there.

Interesting...yet over on OC.com, you bragged:

I just placed a new cache that went active today on GC.com and the container is a w/p lock-n-lock fishing tackle box with OpenCaching.com stickers inside and out, even on the log book. I stocked it full of OX swag and one of your O.C.B. trading cards. The listing has already been logged today.

So...you're using geocaching.com caches to promote opencaching.com, yet protest you're not a double agent? :blink:

How do you think Groundspeak will feel about you promoting the competition in a cache listed on this site?

I'm having a bit of trouble following this discussion. But I don't think what they're doing is too different from phone or cable companies offering a free iPad, Xbox 360, or similar item for switching to them.

Except maybe the phone/cable company is offering something that someone might actually want. :anibad:

Garmin's give away's are fine, and they don't ask you to change sites. They just want your listings to add to their site's data base. I think that most members here just dump their listings for a chance at a prize and never look back. I like Garmin GPS units, but their site is a joke. And I'm a well known long standing peer reviewer and member there, so take that for what it is.

So...you're using geocaching.com caches to promote opencaching.com, yet protest you're not a double agent?

How do you think Groundspeak will feel about you promoting the competition in a cache listed on this site?

That same listing is being passed in review on the other site as we speak. I wanted it listed and reviewed here first on my home site. I really don't think either company cares what kind of stickers I place on a geocache container as long as it states it' a geocache. And as far as swag? What's it to you what I use? I place some of TEAM360's O.C.B. Trading cards in caches, and that was one of them. The cache is being logged, and I discovered a TB in it yesterday. Want me to post you a link to the GC.com cache?

I'd be glad to.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=f6b22bea-b3b1-4699-a697-9bf74ef2571c

Edited by Manville Possum Hunters

I have been banned a few times on that site, and I'm quite sure that Trailtick hates me still hanging around. I do list geocaches there, some are GC.com rejects and converted Waymarks. I like virtual listings, and Challanges are just not working for me here, but that has not stopped me from listing them here. But where I play? It is here on Geocaching.com, I'm a PM here. I get my PQ's here and this is the site I use for geocaching. I won't lie, at first I had hopes for the other site. I've made friends at Garmin, some nice people work there.

Interesting...yet over on OC.com, you bragged:

I just placed a new cache that went active today on GC.com and the container is a w/p lock-n-lock fishing tackle box with OpenCaching.com stickers inside and out, even on the log book. I stocked it full of OX swag and one of your O.C.B. trading cards. The listing has already been logged today.

So...you're using geocaching.com caches to promote opencaching.com, yet protest you're not a double agent? :blink:

What gives you the right to single this user out? Are you a spy? Why bring part of a conversation from another geocaching site to these forums. I thought the subject of the other site was not allowed to be discussed here? Please mind your manners. Thank you.

Interesting thread. I don't come into these forums much anymore, but was looking for something specific and stumbled on this. I looked for, but couldn't find the "Like" button for some of Snoogans and Mr. Yuck's posts.

I was amazed to see so many references to other caching sites (by name) and that this thread hadn't been locked and the posters warned or banned. Maybe the mods are getting soft.

Guess I'll volunteer that I have SO many issues with Garmin's OC site, but am not sure that offering Pathtags as publicly advertised intensives is a bad thing, per se. At the other (real) North American OC site, we're contemplating something as a thanks to the folks who've been supporting us (via finding / hiding caches) for the last 2 years. Not sure what it'll be (we don't have big (or much of any) money behind us), but I'm sure it won't be quite what Garmin is doing.

I did recently learn that some good caching friends who've NEVER expressed ANY interest in non-GS caches, have recently been hiding some Garmin caches, after being "seduced" with Chirps by a Garmin rep. Now, that felt more "dirty" and I felt a little let down that they never acted on my suggestions, but are know all in for Garmin.

Happy Trails!

Edited by DudleyGrunt