202 Found (201 Distinct)?

When I look at my statistics page it says that I have found 202 caches (201 distinct). What does this mean? Have I accidentally double logged something? For some reason, this is really bothering me. I am building up to my 250 find milestone and wanted it to be a special cache planned as my first international cache in a couple weeks. But, I want it to be legit. I can't see where I have double logged something. I know it's a game but I want to do it honestly. Should this bother me so much? Any advice on what to do to "fix" this?

Thanks everybody!

Since you appear to be a basic member, not a premium member, GSAK isn't going to help you -- you have no access to pocket queries.

Three choices: become a premium member and let GSAK do the work for you; go through your finds manually and find the one that shows up twice; or ignore it.

You double-logged GC1PQ3W on March 6, 2010.

And yes, I'm bored. :laughing:

A-Team... Always love your posts!

.... And you beat me to it!

Wow, thanks everybody for the advice and big thanks to The A-Team and scrapcat for doing the work for me. You two are hilarious. I do appreciate it.

Btw, I just recently became a premium member so I am still figuring out the pocket queries part. I tried to do one for all my finds and it only had 173 of my 201. I'll figure it out someday.

Thank you all again.

You double-logged GC1PQ3W on March 6, 2010.

And yes, I'm bored. :laughing:

A-Team... Always love your posts!

.... And you beat me to it!

Wow, thanks everybody for the advice and big thanks to The A-Team and scrapcat for doing the work for me. You two are hilarious. I do appreciate it.

Btw, I just recently became a premium member so I am still figuring out the pocket queries part. I tried to do one for all my finds and it only had 173 of my 201. I'll figure it out someday.

Thank you all again.

Use the special My Finds PQ.

It contains ALL your found caches, active, archived, at any distance from home.

Standard PQ's have limitations when searching for your found caches.

Edited by Bear and Ragged

I see you have your answer but I just wanted to add that this happened to me too. Only I was up to about 4000 finds when I discovered it. With GSAK I found the one and removed it. (There were 2 actually but one was intentional) After removing the one double logged find almost all my milestones to that date switched over by one cache. :blink: The mistake happened around find 400.

Thanks for the reminder - I've been meaning to clean up my dupes for ages. Way back in the dim early history of caching, at various events it was fairly common practice to hide pocket caches, or event specific caches, that instead of going through the whole cache page and approval process, you'd find them, and then just log the event cache multiple times. I guess it seemed like a good idea at the time. The last time I remember doing this was at geowoodstock 2. Anyway, thanks for the hint about using gsak to find the dupes - that'll make it a lot easier.

Ok, mission accomplished, sort of. I still have this -

You've found 2711 caches (2704 distinct) since your first cache find on 07/23/2002.

I eliminated the dupes I could, but still have 7 extra ones on a locked geocache - GLDV11R - I can't delete the extra logs on this. Any ideas on how to fix this? I suppose I could contact an approver or such for this, but is it worth the extra bother?

Edited by sduck

If you use GSAK you can find this quickly.

Yes if using GSAK enable the FCOUNT column and you will quickly find out which cache it is, it will be the one with the 2 beside it :)

I actually just used this advice today as somehow I had one in my finds and was not aware of this quick way of doing it. Thanks for the tip.

If you use GSAK you can find this quickly.

Yes if using GSAK enable the FCOUNT column and you will quickly find out which cache it is, it will be the one with the 2 beside it :)

I actually just used this advice today as somehow I had one in my finds and was not aware of this quick way of doing it. Thanks for the tip.

I guess the FCount column is one way. I just sort My Found count for >= 2, up pops the cache(s) and I didn't have to bother enabling and disabling a column.