gmapmaker & triton rmp

Due to unforeseen circumstances I had to purchase a much cheaper gps than I wanted. A while back I had gotten a triton 300 which I hated because it had no memory expansion and got rid of it although not before learning a bit about the unit. This time around I have a triton 400 which i stuck an 8GB sdhc card into. I'm trying to make a map for the thing a really big one but I'm having some issues. Gmapmaker I've got down pretty well, my problem comes with the rmp maker. First a question about how it works when you are trying to load the map files do i need to have the folder with the tile files I downloaded? Second is will rmp be able to handle building a map with map parts that overlap other map parts at the same magnification? The real issue I'm having is getting rmp to load the maps. I can load 1 or 2 then all of a sudden it can no longer load any of the map imigase including the ones I've already loaded into the program. I've been waiting a couple of days now to get my account activated over at triton forums to try to get this figured out but I figured I'd see if anyone here knows while I wait. I am using 7 pro 64bit if that matters. Thanks for any help.

Due to unforeseen circumstances I had to purchase a much cheaper gps than I wanted. A while back I had gotten a triton 300 which I hated because it had no memory expansion and got rid of it although not before learning a bit about the unit. This time around I have a triton 400 which i stuck an 8GB sdhc card into. I'm trying to make a map for the thing a really big one but I'm having some issues. Gmapmaker I've got down pretty well, my problem comes with the rmp maker. First a question about how it works when you are trying to load the map files do i need to have the folder with the tile files I downloaded? Second is will rmp be able to handle building a map with map parts that overlap other map parts at the same magnification? The real issue I'm having is getting rmp to load the maps. I can load 1 or 2 then all of a sudden it can no longer load any of the map imigase including the ones I've already loaded into the program. I've been waiting a couple of days now to get my account activated over at triton forums to try to get this figured out but I figured I'd see if anyone here knows while I wait. I am using 7 pro 64bit if that matters. Thanks for any help.

You can also check out http://www.exploristforum.com which is the sister forum of the Triton forum; however, there are a lot more users on the eXplorist forums these days. Also, have you tried MOBAC (Mobile Atlas Creator) instead of gMapMaker and TritonRMP? It is lot easier and faster to use and you can do everything with one product. If you need more information on this and about additional sources, give me a shout at ZukiCacher@gmail.com

David

Magellan Insider