Would this be considered a puzzle cache?

Dan2099

I am making a batman themed cache that has been "muggled" by the riddler I will leave a hint on the cache page of what to be "study" but the riddle will be on the side of the ammo can...the answer will open up the wordlock that will allow you into the actual cache. So does that make it a puzzle cache? The puzzle caches I seen usually mean they lead you to another cache

I am making a batman themed cache that has been "muggled" by the riddler I will leave a hint on the cache page of what to be "study" but the riddle will be on the side of the ammo can...the answer will open up the wordlock that will allow you into the actual cache. So does that make it a puzzle cache? The puzzle caches I seen usually mean they lead you to another cache

In my area, a puzzle cache doesn't lead you to another cache. If it did it would be a multi.

As for your idea, IMHO, I don't want to spend a lot of time trying to open a cache in the field just because it is a puzzle and I may not be able to solve it. I would say that from the cache listing page be able to solve the wordlock so that you have the answer in hand.

In my area, a puzzle cache doesn't lead you to another cache. If it did it would be a multi.

As for your idea, IMHO, I don't want to spend a lot of time trying to open a cache in the field just because it is a puzzle and I may not be able to solve it. I would say that from the cache listing page be able to solve the wordlock so that you have the answer in hand.

I see your point, but it will be an easy answer if you study what I post on the listing page, my reasoning is I do not like people solving puzzles or riddles from their couch, it's just my personal preference. This is going to be my first of 4 (or more if i have the time) caches in the area, each are going to be different but have a superhero theme and I know not everyone enjoys the puzzle cache but I figure if you are in my area and enjoy the others most people will try for them all.

Sounds fine. Yes, it's a puzzle. As you can see, some people won't like it, but that shouldn't be a problem as long as you're clear enough about what's going on. There are a few caches along those lines in my area, and people seem to like them.

Yeah I planned on some people disliking the puzzle idea but each cache is out of the series will be completely different just same theme. Due to being unusually busy this summer it's taking longer then expected to make everything and design them, I am currently building 4 (all in different stages of completion) with future plans on a total of up to 10 being the max I can give away a bit here

1. Batman being worlds greatest dectictive = puzzle cache (currently being painted, and awaiting lock)

2. Superman everyone's hero is plain normal regular sized cache (currently being made)

3. Aquaman - will be underwater but no diving required but you will need to swim or a boat to reach (have container not started yet)

4. Ant-man - is going to be a micro but undecided how small (have parts but not started)

Future plans

5. Thor's hammer- a puzzle where u have to pick up thors hammer to unlock the cache.

6. Punisher cache just another regular in punisher theme.

7. Iron man- feel free to offer ideas on this but I want some "tech" element nothing to fancy just a bit of a wow factor....my idea so maybe a night cache that leads to a remote control switch that turns on a light in the cache. I dunno just spit ballin

I see your point, but it will be an easy answer if you study what I post on the listing page, my reasoning is I do not like people solving puzzles or riddles from their couch, it's just my personal preference. This is going to be my first of 4 (or more if i have the time) caches in the area, each are going to be different but have a superhero theme and I know not everyone enjoys the puzzle cache but I figure if you are in my area and enjoy the others most people will try for them all.

I didn't say I didn't like puzzle caches. I said I don't want to encounter something in the field that I may not be able to solve.

BTW.... There are many, many ways to solve a puzzle.

Dan2099, I really like the creativity you are putting into these caches. The Batman puzzle looks like it would be a lot of fun to solve. smile.gif

Thanks I have put a lot of work and my time the summers are extremely busy time for me, so I want to make it worth my time, I also live sorta out of the way and I want it too be worth a caches time to come see them, hopefully I will earn favorite points for anyone that comes out too see them.

I would enjoy trying that type of cache! Just put it where muggles are NOT a problem! If I have to use my brain and stealth in the same situation... AAAAAAARRRGGGGHHHH! :laughing:

Lol they will all be on private property (my own farm) so muggles won't or shouldn't be a problem for the most part. I have tried to place each cache near a parking place or a short walk from one. I have tried to look at this from every angle I could think of...even my regular or ordinary caches are going to be hidden in a way I haven't seen before only read about on the forums. My wife came up with what I think is a neat idea of putting out red herrings using 35mm film rolls and when you open them up have a laminated card with a super villain on it with an "insulting" taunt

There is one I logged that had hundreds of minature caches inside. Only one of these were the actual cache. It took me a while, each decoy had a note that said 'keep looking' I almost gave up. I think the container was not in it's original configuration because I think there was supposed to be a clue that would have made it unnecessary to open the decoys. Can't really go into more detail without spoiling. My only comment would be to let caters know ahead of time they will need to expect to do some work prior to logging it. Have fun.