Delete files that have been found

somethingdiferent

I have a Dakota 20 GPS I have downloaded a Pocket Query of 500 caches,as I find them I log them as "found" on my GPS which removes them from my list.

This works good but I have so many in my found area that its hard to see the recent ones I found.Is there any way that I can erase or delete the ones a found daily after I log them on Geocaching.com

so the area is blank for the next time?

I tryed to delete them with my computer but when I close the file it says do you want to "save" and when I say yes it wont read the file anymore and I loose all my caches.

The only way to get them back is to extract the zip file for that pocket query again and when I do all the ones I found are back again.

Thanks

somethingdiferent

Delete the .gpx file in the Garmin\GPX folder and reload the PQ.

Thanks for your reply,

I tryed that and when I do reload the PQ they appear back in the "to be found" area because they are still in the original file.

When I open the PQ zip file using POI edit then try to delete the ones I have found,when I close POI edit it asks "do you want to save archive".

And when I say yes the file becomes corrupt and will not open and I loose all the PQ in the zip file.I have copied the PQ zip file and tried different things with no luck.

Is there another program to edit .GPX files besides POI edit.

Thanks

I tryed that and when I do reload the PQ they appear back in the "to be found" area because they are still in the original file.

You need to run the Pocket Query again. You'll then get a fresh GPX file without your finds. It's a good idea to do this fairly frequently anyway because cache statuses change (ie. they can be disabled, enabled, archived), descriptions, hints, and coordinates can change, and you'll get the most recent logs.

You need to run the Pocket Query again. You'll then get a fresh GPX file without your finds. It's a good idea to do this fairly frequently anyway because cache statuses change (ie. they can be disabled, enabled, archived), descriptions, hints, and coordinates can change, and you'll get the most recent logs.

This makes good sense,thanks for the help.

somethingdiferent