Software upgrade for Oregon 450 help

Garmin OregonGPS has 4.50 and 5.50 version is available. Garmin directions say to save all handheld gpx files to Basecamp, then delete the gpx folder from the handheld. Have no concerns about the tracks/waypoints/caches. The main GPX file also has 3 folders: Archive (empty), Current (1 track) and Nav w/. If I delete the entire GPX folder these subfolders will be lost as well. Is that a problem? Thanks.

I never did this, but I don't have a Or anymore, Montana now but the way it updates is the same.

You can just copy the Gpx folder with windows explorer to the computer, be sure it's there if you need the data later.

If there is nothing important just delete and update, them remake a Gpx folder if the Gps fails to do so.

The sub folders I'm almost sure the Gps makes them if not there.

Edited by splashy

I never did this, but I don't have a Or anymore, Montana now but the way it updates is the same.

You can just copy the Gpx folder with windows explorer to the computer, be sure it's there if you need the data later.

If there is nothing important just delete and update, them remake a Gpx folder if the Gps fails to do so.

The sub folders I'm almost sure the Gps makes them if not there.

I did as you suggested and it worked just fine. The new upgrade didn't include the GPX folder so I was able to re-install it. Thanks for your help.

Garmin OregonGPS has 4.50 and 5.50 version is available. Garmin directions say to save all handheld gpx files to Basecamp, then delete the gpx folder from the handheld. Have no concerns about the tracks/waypoints/caches. The main GPX file also has 3 folders: Archive (empty), Current (1 track) and Nav w/. If I delete the entire GPX folder these subfolders will be lost as well. Is that a problem? Thanks.

You can delete those three without a problem, I have.

Normally I just delete the main GPX file before I load a new one with GSAK.

Ok, new to this.  But could use some help with a Oregon 450.   Just recently I lost all my way points on the handheld unit.   But when I look on Garmin Basecamp my way points are all there.  What happened or how do I get them back on the Oregon 450?  I have heard some updates made this issue....It may have happened when I was removing some of those unwanted track lines.  Anyhow...do I want to reset to factory default?    I have read a few about saving or copying the basecamp data to a folder.  Any advice to help me get back my data to the Handheld?  Thanks.

15 hours ago, PAINTROCK said:

Ok, new to this.  But could use some help with a Oregon 450.   Just recently I lost all my way points on the handheld unit.   But when I look on Garmin Basecamp my way points are all there.  What happened or how do I get them back on the Oregon 450?  I have heard some updates made this issue....It may have happened when I was removing some of those unwanted track lines.  Anyhow...do I want to reset to factory default?    I have read a few about saving or copying the basecamp data to a folder.  Any advice to help me get back my data to the Handheld?  Thanks.

Lots of information for your GPSr here.