Hidden with no coordinates

Just~A~GeoCaching

I want to hide something in pretty much plain sight with a riddle instead of using coordinates, can I use a riddle to get them where they are going? New to Geocaching and not sure if I am able. Wanted to make it a little challenging.

Nope, you cannot. However, if you use the letterboxing site you can list a letterbox that uses clues to get to the hidden container (rather than coordinates).

You can create a mystery/puzzle cache where you input false coordinates and then include the riddle in the cache description.

Or the coordinates can be real but they take you to a place where there is a sign or a container, etc, that has the riddle that leads to the true location of the cache.

I want to hide something in pretty much plain sight with a riddle instead of using coordinates, can I use a riddle to get them where they are going? New to Geocaching and not sure if I am able. Wanted to make it a little challenging.

If the cache is really in plain sight, it might get taken by someone not playing the game. Using gps coordinates is an integral part of geocaching, so you need to incorporate them into the geocache somehow!

Perhaps reading up on the guidelines would help a bit. Usually it does.

Sounds 'snotty', doesn't it.... not supposed to be though. Just a push to have you read up on what geocaching is about, really. There's lots to read about and lots to discover by doing so, some of it restricting and some of it enlightening.

6NH's post is a good lead-in to making it more challenging. Do go with trying to make it challenging. Lord knows there are too many Park 'n Grabs already.

You might even want to look at Letterboxing. http://letterboxing.org/

The Guidelines for publishing a cache on the Groundspeak site:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.book&id=11

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

You MUST have co-ordinates. Now what you can do is give co-ords for lets say 20 feet away, and give them a riddle that tells them to look behind the stop sign. You still have to give the reviewer the final co-ords, but no-one else will be able to see them. That would make it a mystery cache.

Yes it can be done. It must be listed as an unknown/mystery cache type though. You must have starting coordinates and the cache page should have the clues to walk you to the cache. Finally, when you submit it, remember you will have to have the final location listed as a hidden waypoint. Otherwise the reviewer won't publish it.

I think you will love letterboxing... no coords at all are needed....in fact, we don't want any coords, we want creative people who love great clues... email me if you are interested... :P

A geocache/letterbox hybrid would also be a good fit for you... and we need more of those...

they are fun, and they educate letterboxers about caching, and cachers about letterboxers.

Take your time and read all about it...

Edited by FloridaFour