NYGPS mail group now has over 350 members!

Followers 0

I would love to join your group, but apparently I am not worthy icon_frown.gif

--- Message from Yahoo.com -----

Hello,

The moderator of the nygps group has denied

your request for membership.

The moderator of each Yahoo! Groups group chooses whether to

restrict membership in his or her group. Moderators who

choose to restrict membership also choose whom to admit.

Please note that this decision is final and that Yahoo! Groups

does not control group membership.

Sorry about that.

We got so much trash mail and spam from bogus members, that I had to close the group. All I get as a group owner is a note with the applicants email address and Yahoo username. I can check their Profile page at Yahoo Groups, but it they don't fill it out, it doesn't provide any more information about who they are, or why they want to join NYGPS. We're doing our best to keep out the spammers, and you got caught in the process. Send me an email about why you want to join NYGPS. Your reply above doesn't say much about that. Thanks.

Anton, owner

NYGPS mail group

Sorry about that.<BR><BR>We got so much trash mail and spam from bogus members, that I had to close the group. All I get as a group owner is a note with the applicants email address and Yahoo username. I can check their Profile page at Yahoo Groups, but it they don't fill it out, it doesn't provide any more information about who they are, or why they want to join NYGPS. We're doing our best to keep out the spammers, and you got caught in the process. Send me an email about why you want to join NYGPS. Your reply above doesn't say much about that. Thanks.<BR><BR>Anton, owner<BR>NYGPS mail group

I have several Yahoo groups.

I do not accept those who do not fill out at least if they are a geocacher or related in some manner to the group that they are joining.

I have let a few in but give a warning if you post spam again I will delete you from the group.

Works well so far.

Maybe you should try again with guidelines for entry.