My Finds PQ Question

TheTilleyHat

When looking at my pocket queries at the geocaching website using my laptop, I see a recent My Finds pocket query sitting in my list of "PQs ready for download" tab, but it does not appear in my "active pocket queries" tab.

When I ask for pocket queries from the Groundspeak mobile app, I see all my PQs EXCEPT the My Finds PQ. I'd like to keep this PQ on my phone for reference purposes, but can't figure out how to get it on my phone.

Thanks.

When looking at my pocket queries at the geocaching website using my laptop, I see a recent My Finds pocket query sitting in my list of "PQs ready for download" tab, but it does not appear in my "active pocket queries" tab.

When I ask for pocket queries from the Groundspeak mobile app, I see all my PQs EXCEPT the My Finds PQ. I'd like to keep this PQ on my phone for reference purposes, but can't figure out how to get it on my phone.

Thanks.

You already dug up an old topic in the other forum. Why post again here?

I read both of the threads..... I think OP doesn't understand what the MY Finds query is about.

It does you no good to put it into your phone.... that's why it isn't available to do that. The info it contains is only good for stats generation, you cannot find or re-find a cache with the info it provides.

A My Finds query is based upon logs that have been filed (only). Not on area, distance, route, size or any other useful parameter. It's search is based solely upon whether you have or have not logged it. It also includes any archived caches you may have logged -- GS would not want to provide "how to find" info for archived caches; various reasons for that.

Sure you can glean the info to find it from the My Finds info (archived cache), but you gotta work for it.

Hope that makes it at least as clear as mud. :)

Edit -- clarification and a typo

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee